Thursday, February 01, 2007

Chasing the Moon

This morning, as I was preparing for the morning walk, I noticed that the sky was illuminated brightly, which gave me cause to believe that somewhere out there, a full moon was lighting up the sky. With each step, slivers of light penetrated the gray clouds, but it was still impossible to see the full moon with all its light. A realization hit me: I had been standing too still, stuck in the same place, which prevented me from seeing the full light. All of a sudden, I took steps forward, racing to find the full light. By daring to leap, I saw it, bright in all of its glory, a beautiful revelation.

Standing still, without movement or change, can, at times, keep us, too stuck inside dark places. It is only when we have the courage, and self-empowerment, that we can take those steps forward, that all us to chase and find the moon and all of its light.

Thank you for your minds.

19 Comments:

Blogger Pragmatician said...

Being paralyzed by fear or indecision is terrible.
Forward is the only way to go.
It’s so peasant to read the blog of such an optimistic person, really!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Barb, it seems that you have realized the answer to your own problems and challanges....I love it when I have those kind of revelations...I also enjoy a night with a full moon...How does Argon respond to a full moon?

9:30 AM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

prag, yes, fear can debilitate a person. I appreciate your kind words...these past two weeks have been very difficult for me, and our family. Finally, I am becoming 'unstuck!'

lucy, thank you too for your kind words and thoughts. As for Argon, he is doing fine, growing by leaps and bounds. Not sure what he thinks about the moon yet, at least.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Sounds like you have a plan.

9:06 PM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Thank you, Jack!

Let us hope that this newfound revelation lasts!

5:22 AM  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

That's a lovely sentiment. It's all about perspective, isn't it?

Blessings to you. :-*

11:41 AM  
Blogger Michael K. Althouse said...

That is very profound Barbara. For me, if I'm not moving forward, I'm moving backward - running from the sunlight of the spirit back into the darkness of despair. No thanks! I'm cool.

Mike

5:00 PM  
Blogger United We Lay said...

We all stand too still at times. I think that we become comfortable in place, even if we are not happy. Transition is scare, and people do not have a great history of embracing the unknown. The light is out there. Even if it's no bigger than the head of a pin, it's there, and every step we take is one more closer, regardless of the direction we take. Courage is not the absence of fear...

7:17 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

Very inspirational, Barbara. I loved the way you bridged darkness with the morning glory using courage and self-empowerment.

Have a great weekend.

6:53 PM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Yes, perspective is important indeed.

Not wanting to be profound, but I do appreciate the comments and sentiments, and I thank you all for your kind words.

7:21 PM  
Blogger the only way i know said...

That was beautiful Barbara.
Very original described with the moon.
Memorable

2:24 AM  
Blogger smb said...

so true, we must always move forward

3:42 AM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

There are times when, even in spite of the desire to move forward, one stays stuck, as if being plunged into quicksand, and not being able to go in another direction. Letting go, helps us move.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

Glad to hear you are in the light.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Concetta said...

I've been stuck in the half light for a while. Thanks for the beautiful words and images. The world is full of beautiful possibilities, if only we keep our senses open to them. What a great, thoughtful blog you have!

Cheers!
- Concetta

2:51 PM  
Blogger awareness said...

Beautiful description from a beautiful person. Hope is in your voice.......I can hear it all the way up here! :)

thinking of you......

9:40 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

A wonderful post about perspective.

10:57 AM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Tod-thank you.

concetta - I know exactly what you mean. But being stuck anyplace is not too good.

awareness, you are much too kind.

captain- thank you for the kind words.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Zeppellina said...

Sometimes we are propelled forward even when we are too afraid to take the first steps.
The first steps are often made unconciously, and then the journey has already been embarked upon with no turning back.

I have been involved in such a journey myself, and it is difficult, but it is a learning curve, and a crossroads in life which had to be taken.

You have a wonderful courage and ability to cope with adversity Barbara, and I send my admiration and best regards to you.

Zep.

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home