For the love of fragrance, music and ......
Shifting to a lighter, and sweeter gear, (no penises for the day, I promise) many of you know that I have a passion for fragrances. I used to log on to a site where we spent many a day talking about our favorite Orientals, woods, florals, foody or classic scents. Some of the women from that site come here to visit this blog, and I have continued to maintain a wonderful relationship with many of them. Before I visited that site, I had maybe two or three fragrances that I wore religiously. Now, I have bottles of them, ranging from exotic blends from Paris, to department store ones from Nordstrom. Regardless of the nature or quality of the scent, my love for fragrances is something that continues to intoxicate me. But I must say, honestly, that for today, I have enough! Actually, I have many passions, ranging from music to books to Judaism, to family, to my dog, but for this post, I will limit myself to fragrances.
Here is the question of the day and it is written with my dear friend winterwheat in mind: Tell me something that you feel passionate about? What is it that thrills you, makes your heart beat fast? What do you really love? What got you interested in this passion and do you share it with anyone else?
Thank you for your minds.
Here is the question of the day and it is written with my dear friend winterwheat in mind: Tell me something that you feel passionate about? What is it that thrills you, makes your heart beat fast? What do you really love? What got you interested in this passion and do you share it with anyone else?
Thank you for your minds.

15 Comments:
Orgasms certainly get my heart beating and me wanting more of =)
But, leaving sex aside, politics gives me a sense of purpose. Health care, marriage equality, GMOs, the environment, capitalism (how yucky it is), a good debate, a good maragrita, the search for the perfect nacho, and photography are all things that make my heart go thump.
LOL...Love your answer, niobium.
I suppose I should add a good debate and/or argument to my list! But everyone already knows that, I suppose.
I was trying to put some pizazaz into my blog.
I love the smell down here in hell! Sweaty hot bodies and that great odor of burning hair! Oh, burning hair is so punget!
There's nothing sweeter than the fragrance from the hairy butt of a German Shepard.
Perfume, obviously. Wish I could say I have enough, but suspect that will never happen. And, as you point out, perfume, like most anything, is also a social thing. I love the fragrance boards, and all the great perfume blogs.
Also: food, especially food I can't get easily in my small town, which is anything other than Italian or Mexican. Books. CDs. And have a ludicrous collection of eyeshadow, which is maybe even sillier than perfume.
Ohhhh now I can see why, in your comment on my blog, you chose my Hagtoid on fragrance over the rest. It's not that I don't enjoy fragrance (berry and fruity scents would be my preference) but I'm quite sensitive to just about all perfumes and they give me headaches and stuffed sinuses almost immediately.
I have two passions in life ~ writing and music, in that order.
Thanks for stopping by again Barbara. Always a pleasure to see you visit and to read your words.
Hmm...Do I see a theme developing here? Of all the scenses, the one most honored seems to be that of smell....
I would be hearing and sight right up there (music and reading, and writing too.)
Life, really.
I think that's what gets me going most days... it's been hard lately, as you can read from my blog, but I think what gets and keeps me going are the following: deep friendships where you are completely at ease to be yourself, laughter (all sorts, but especially the kind that makes you want to pee your pants), dogs and cats, love, good food (I like the ones you can eat with your hands), music that holds on to you and won't let go, nature, and things that stimulate my senses (perfume of course being one of them)
xoxo
I kind of like the smell of burned gas mixed with 2 cycle engine oil. It reminds me of my boat.
I also like Kenneth Cole Black. That is sone good stuff. But not as good as a boat's 2 cycle engine exaust. Boat engine exaust smells like the best of all days - the DAY OFF.
I love the smell of the ocean and how the ground smells as it thaws from spring and after a brief rain on a hot dry day.
Music is the first thing that came to mind, listening to it and making my own.
I'm also passionate about certain "causes" and justice work (e.g., GLBT rights, the environment, animal rights, etc.).
Speaking of animals, I'm a pretty passionate lover of animals (well, I stop shy of beastiality). I'm a vegetarian, and I love my pets like CRAZY.
I'm a pretty passionate sports fan... Go Red Sox!
I love reading very much. Try bookcrossing.com some time, y'all.
I'm also a passionate "seeker" and I love exploring different faiths and beliefs.
That's a lot of things I'm passionate about! Oh, and I'm passionate about my wife of course (Me Wonder Woman Pez).
Heck, you lost me at "no penises..." What's up (no pun intended) with that?
Surrrounding myself with nature, hell and gone from other humans. Hiking to the top of a mountain or horseback riding in some isolated spot. These are the types of things that feed my soul.
As far as scent? I love the smell of my daughter's neck, right below her ears...I don't know why, I just do. The smell of grilling burgers on ice cold air when you hit the lodge at lunch time after a morning of hard skiing, Mmmmmm! I love waking up to the smell of fresh brewed coffee. And one of my favorite all time scents? Puppy breath!
Girl, you know I love my perfumes. In my adult life I've owned about 370 bottles, but right now the collection is capped at 180. There isn't room for any more! (Well, until I get another display unit.)
Hey, I should tell you: I spoke to a l'Artisan rep in New York (can't remember her title but she's fairly high up on the food chain and happened to be visiting the NYC stores while I was there) about getting Safran Troublant in a full-size bottle. She says they're working on it. Which probably means no, but wouldn't it be so niiiiiice????
Yes, I love the smell of coffee, my drink of choice, I must say.
to winterwheat: A full sized bottle of Saffron Troublant??? I am consumed with joy! You know how much I LOVE that juice. Let is see. I am still preserving that dinky bottle.
Lucinda: the penis reference is a joke to the fact that a few of my posts have been devoted to discussing penises.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home