For the Love of Israel
Every morning, and every evening, I sit glued to CNN watching the developing news that is taking place in the Middle East. Saddened that so many lives have been lost, and property damaged, it is my fervent wish that this fighting come to a speedy resolution. Nevertheless, I understand completely why Israel must fight now and eliminate two groups that have made it clear that they hate all Jews, Hamas and Hezbollah. As I am sure many know by now, Hezbollah did not comply with the regulation whereby they agreed to disarm in exchange for their occupation in the south of Lebanon. As such, this crisis is a response to so many different things, beginning with the kidnapping of Israeli soldiers to the firing of rockets inside of Israel, and now to the unpleasant discovery that Iran has in fact been helping Hezbollah all along.
As many know, we are planning on traveling to Israel in 3 weeks. Why, everyone asks me? Are you mad, do you read the news, even my children say, please, this is not the time, do not put yourselves in harms way. I watch the IDF fight every day, and yesterday, there was a picture of the soldiers sitting on their tanks, praying, reading their Siddurs with their Teffilin as they were about to embark on a new day in the Middle East. This photograph spoke so many works to me, it made me think about how others are risking their lives for Israel to fight, and exist each and every day, so why can we not go for a visit? Am I setting an example for my children, showing them how much Israel means to me by going during these times of crisis? This may not be the best time to travel to Israel, but in my mind, it is the right time.
Kol Hakoved. May God watch over everyone, and may this crisis come to a speedy conclusion...
By the way, does anyone know how I can fix my icon? It seems to have disappeared?
Thank you for your minds.
As many know, we are planning on traveling to Israel in 3 weeks. Why, everyone asks me? Are you mad, do you read the news, even my children say, please, this is not the time, do not put yourselves in harms way. I watch the IDF fight every day, and yesterday, there was a picture of the soldiers sitting on their tanks, praying, reading their Siddurs with their Teffilin as they were about to embark on a new day in the Middle East. This photograph spoke so many works to me, it made me think about how others are risking their lives for Israel to fight, and exist each and every day, so why can we not go for a visit? Am I setting an example for my children, showing them how much Israel means to me by going during these times of crisis? This may not be the best time to travel to Israel, but in my mind, it is the right time.
Kol Hakoved. May God watch over everyone, and may this crisis come to a speedy conclusion...
By the way, does anyone know how I can fix my icon? It seems to have disappeared?
Thank you for your minds.

27 Comments:
Safe travels Barbara.
As to your icon, if it is linked to an image on the web, that link may have expired, or simply moved. Try to follow the link in your browser and confirm that it is still active. If it is not, you will either need to update the link in your profile to the image's new address, or you'll have to find a new icon.
i think your icon was removed by the source. where ever you got the image from has deleted it or it is no longer available
something is wrong with blogger image coding. i can't load any images in my own blog right now. you might try reloading the image in your profile and see if it will show. one of my loaded images lost part of its url and it would not enlarge. that was fixed by adding the full url back to it. i can't get new posts to accept/show images at the present time. blogger support told me it is an internal problem. :(
i personally think it is a little selfish to go. israel is focused on the safety of its own citizens right now. tourists, devoted as they may be, become a liability to a country at war and in strife. i think it makes sense to go when your presence can be fully welcomed and appreciated, when it won't add to the liability of the moment. during this time of emergency, israeli transportation, hospitals, and medical care should not be burdened with potential injury to those who don't have to be in harm's way. that limits the internal resources available to those who live there should crises occur. i hope you will reconsider.
Well, I dunno if you can, but ICON...
ha!
OK, no. Never could figure out t'get one at all.
But, there's the picture all over the place, and I suspect all ya gotta do is go fetch it off one of the other blogs ya go to.
If they've disappeared from everywhere, well, just tell me and I'll go fetch it off m'puter at home.
I loved the musical back so much, I made a copy and took it home.
Also have that picture of you and Astro.
And, despite m'own misgiving about it, lemmee just say, in my book, you are one brave gal!
Some people think there's nothing t'worry 'bout. Ortriches rarely worry bout anything. Especially what others do.
But, you going, fer whatever reason is really a tribute to the strength one can derive from what they believe in.
First!!!!!!!
check out my latest post
there you will see why IDF is invincible
I have tried to download another icon, without success.
So you know, our tour to Israel has not been canceled. In fact, we are being encouraged to go to Israel, which makes me believe that for today, it is potentially safe for us to travel. If it were not, a travel ban would be placed upon us, and the tour cancelled. That being said, the war is costing Israel so much money, that tourism is welcomed more than ever now, as is the need to help the homeland.
Stay safe, Barbara during your stay in Israel.
Hi Barbara,
I too am going back to Israel..in just one week, Gd willing. I am getting pretty much the same reaction as you are and I just wanna let you know that I'm behind you all the way!
I honestly do not feel a shred of fear-I believe with my entire being in that that Hashem claims that this land is the safest.
Wishing only the best to our brothers worldwide.
Have a safe trip and kol hakavod!
sky,
i completely disagree. the people living in israel receive tremendous chizuk-strength and comfort when they see that they have not been abandoned, and that people are still coming in.
That is quite brave and idealistic; I think it's possible to enjoy a vacation in Israel, even during such turbulent times.
As for the icon, you'll probably have to load the image again on Blogger.com.
It is true what the sabra says...
When I tell people there I am going, they are so happy, and do feel a sense of comfort. Moreover, they need all of our support now more than ever, to show solidarity in this crisis.
We will go as planned, unless the tip is banned.
Sabra...Be safe, and enjoy your trip too...
On the issue of the icon, I am unable to publish anything successfully. Everything will upload, but it comes blank.
Any more suggestions, please?
Well, at least you'll be able to continue dancing even after the band packs it in. Surely the explosions will keep a fairly consistent rhythm if the likes of CNN & Fox are to be believed.
Safe journey to you.
Actually, if you have family in Israel you shouldn't go. They have enough trouble taking care of themselves and their loved ones without having to worry about your safety. That's what one of my cousins, who lives in Nahariya, i.e. right on the front line, said to me just yesterday, when I told him I wished I could go and support them. This is no time to go sightseeing or ask relatives to look after one, however laudable the intention. Of course, if you don't have relations there, it's a different matter. I wish you a safe trip.
Oh, I'd missed Sky's comment. That's exactly what I was trying to convey.
Be safe, Barbara. Enjoy your visit, and remind them that many of us here are hoping they prevail in their struggle.
Thank you for your kind words of courage and support.
We are going for a visit, what was supposed to be a vacation, planned so many times, over the past 10 years. With everything that has happened within my family this year, we are determined to go, once and for all.
Each day, I pray that this fighting will cease, and that lives of those who live inside of Isarel, be filled with joy and not fear, and restored to a sense of normalcy.
Hi Barbara..
I know this is tearing you apart.
My heart goes out to you.
Aside from what it seem political sides, I do believe is not a good thing to let Hezbollah keep arming and fortyfing themselves. That is unacceptable, and after this is done, it will be interesting to see the backlash of not only Lebanese people that seemed to think this was a dumb fight to pick after 5 years of 'peace', but also to see what resources or arms is Hezbollah left with. As a tangent, this is a way of making Iran throw their weapons down the well by providing them to Hez.. I cannot see how either Hez or Iran can keep sustaining the economics of this.
If you want to go, go. God forbid anything happens to you, but there is no fear in your heart for that only honor.
As to your Icon, I have very good intelligence that Nasrallah might be responsible!!!
I hope your trip is incident free.
Blogger seems to be having problems. I have waited over 24 hours for my new posts to update. So perhaps that is the issue with the icon.
WW
Be careful.
and Pray for all of us
do you have family there?
are you going to fight Hamas and Hezbollah?
I used to think you were a rational woman... now seeing how you are being ruled by feelings other than plain logic, i feel sad...
you will go there and see the hardship... you will see the death and destruction... and you will see Jews who see you as an AMERICAN Jew... they will not take you into their arms, they will see a spectator who is there to witness their struggle...
do not go...
G-d bless you Barbara. FWIW, I commend you and think that moving ahead with your vacation is the right thing to do.
I mentioned you in my Tuesday post, but your comments were shut down at the moment (I think?)
Here's your new icon, IMHO. Hope you like it.
Actually, the tourism business in Israel is hurting now, as are all Israelis, from what I have been told. Taking a trip to Israel at this time will benefit my own people and show support as well. I have been told that in many areas of Israel it is business as usual.
I am not calling this a vacation, but the realization of a long-time dream being filled at a less than perfect time. Rational or not, we are going.
ps... I have FINALLY started working on the blog again... I knew I still had some energy left!
Thanks to Saur, here is my new icon, I LOVE IT!!
I'm so glad you like it! ;o)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home