Mother's Day and its Meaning this Year
As I woke up this morning, I heard some all too familiar sounds: my husband's snoring next to me, also known as the human buzz saw, the metal tag giggling on my dog's collar, as he was hobbling from one room to another, and a symphony of birds chirping an unfamiliar melody, sounding like they were singing in the key of B. Another wonderful, and unexpected surprise: my daughter had come to visit last night, her car parked out front and her old bed door locked, as a surprise for me today. My son, who is out of state turned 22 yesterday, another milestone as he gets ready to graduate from college next week. So far, these were the true gifts that gave my mother's day a most special of all meanings.
During the last several months, our daughter was ill, and had spent time in the hospital. We did not know how she would be today nor what to expect. Our son had gone to Australia to study abroad, traveling around from area to area, without calling for long streches of time. Today, I know where both my children are, and am truly thankful that they are healthy and doing well.
No flowers, no fragrances, no purses, clothing nor jewerly(please do not take pity on me..I have made a staggering amount of my own purchases so that material gifts are completely unnecesssary.) So far, I can honestly say that I have the very best of all possible gifts: those familiar sounds and sights that I too often have taken for granted. These are the unique and beautiful gifts that make today the most special of all Mother's Day.
Happy Mother's Day to you all. (men included..I am an equal opportunity thinker.)
Thank you for your minds.
During the last several months, our daughter was ill, and had spent time in the hospital. We did not know how she would be today nor what to expect. Our son had gone to Australia to study abroad, traveling around from area to area, without calling for long streches of time. Today, I know where both my children are, and am truly thankful that they are healthy and doing well.
No flowers, no fragrances, no purses, clothing nor jewerly(please do not take pity on me..I have made a staggering amount of my own purchases so that material gifts are completely unnecesssary.) So far, I can honestly say that I have the very best of all possible gifts: those familiar sounds and sights that I too often have taken for granted. These are the unique and beautiful gifts that make today the most special of all Mother's Day.
Happy Mother's Day to you all. (men included..I am an equal opportunity thinker.)
Thank you for your minds.

12 Comments:
Happy Mothers Day to one of the best mothers I know!
Have a lovely day today!
)))Hugs(((
Happy Mother's Day! Thank you for all your encouragement.
And Happy Mothers Day to you, too!!
Thank you all for your kind words and beautiful thoughts! I am humbled.
Happy Mothers Day to a thoughtful and beautiful human being! {{{{hugs}}}}
Thank you for bringing the important stuff back into focus. You are indeed a blessing to those who visit your 'blogspot.'
W-
Your day sounds like it is off to a good start.
I hope you enjoy every minute of it!!
The human buzzsaw and the jingling of a dog's collar: I wake up to those things, too.
Hope you had a great day, BfC.
What a wonderful entry, Barbara! I agree with you - those kinds of sounds make the best music and that music is the best gift of all. Happy Mother's Day!
What a lovely post! I loved reading it. Keep on blogging!
I am truly without adequate words, and thank each and every one of you women (and men) for sharing this very special day, and comments with me.
It's wonderful to read about your day. I feel blessed through the reading of your blessings!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home