Hillary Clinton: Is she the Compelling presidential Candidate for 2008?
Beginning rather late this morning, I noticed an interesting article in our newspaper. It was an a political and entertainment piece titled, 'Hollywood rallies for Sen. Clinton.' The article seeks to show how Hillary Clinton is a uniter, not a divider for the Democratic party in 2008. She has been known as a fighter on various issues, and is known as a woman who stands up and speaks her mind, in full articulate sentences, I might add. The first step in that fast sea of declaration of one's candidacy, stepping inside the boxing ring if you will.
I personally like Bill Clinton as a politician. I think he is a brilliant, capable man, one who would definitely be an asset as a husband to any president. More importantly, I truly believe that during his term in office, he united this country alone party lines more often than he divided it. polarization seemed to reach its peak when his moral conduct was in question, resulting not only in a true division between the parties, but also in a new way of perceiving that was set forth by the American media. While President Clinton was in office, he chose many to serve in his administration from the Republican party, a move that this president will not even consider at any time. Not only is his administration composed of all Republicans, but they are conservatives, many with the right wing agenda in place. I could go on and on, but there would be so many different subjects to address, that they are best saved for separate posts.
So here is the question: what are your opinions about Hillary the Presidential candidate in 2008? Do you think she is the best candidate for the Democratic party?
Thank you for your minds.
I personally like Bill Clinton as a politician. I think he is a brilliant, capable man, one who would definitely be an asset as a husband to any president. More importantly, I truly believe that during his term in office, he united this country alone party lines more often than he divided it. polarization seemed to reach its peak when his moral conduct was in question, resulting not only in a true division between the parties, but also in a new way of perceiving that was set forth by the American media. While President Clinton was in office, he chose many to serve in his administration from the Republican party, a move that this president will not even consider at any time. Not only is his administration composed of all Republicans, but they are conservatives, many with the right wing agenda in place. I could go on and on, but there would be so many different subjects to address, that they are best saved for separate posts.
So here is the question: what are your opinions about Hillary the Presidential candidate in 2008? Do you think she is the best candidate for the Democratic party?
Thank you for your minds.

23 Comments:
Totaly think she is a great candidate for the democratic party. They need to have not only a strong one for the next election (and i think she is strong) but also some one who is very visible and well known. Also, obviously it will be create a lot of commotion to have a woman run.
personally i think that when a woman will run (even a halfbrain one) she will win. the world is just ready for something new when it comes to politics. and i believe a lot of people are also fed up with both parties to really "trust in them" but if a woman runs, it will be something different from befor thus, potentially better, and people will go for that.
I don't think she'll be alive in 20008.
*snicker*
;-)
Aw, you went and changed it on me! It was much funnier when I could imagine her in a Jane Jetson suit. ;-)
Larryb -- there was a typo before: 20008. It made me giggle. I am immature. :-)
K...You were saved by the typos! Thanks for pointing that out, by the way.
Ale, I agree with you about finally having a capable woman run.
larryb: swingers and drug dealers follow nicely on the footsteps this administration! At least they will provide some excitement and nice sentences, rather than the inane entertainment (tragic at times) we must endure.
BTW: Who is Russ Feingold?
I would love to be able to vote for Hillary in '08, but I cannot imagine that she would win. People hate her. They don't just dislike her, but really hate her. I would love to see a woman in the White House, but I don't see the US going from a conservative Christian admin to Hillary -- it's too great a jump. I believe the first woman to get to the White House will be a moderate Republican, someone that Middle America doesn't see as too threatening.
Meegan,
Like you, I would love to see a woman in the White House too. In my experience, the pendulium swings to extreme sides for Hillary. Either people love her or do not. Period. There is very little middle ground there. With that being said, I am uncertain how she would have a chance to win an election. On the other hand, with the stage of this country set with such a high extreme in the other direction with Bush, who knows! People may respond with an extreme vision for change. All I know is I wish the election were being held June 2006.
I agree with Meegan. (Adorable pic, by the way.) I don't think she stands a chance. There's no way the Dems are going to take a chance on her, not if they couldn't succeed with John Kerry.
Me, I'm holding out for Barack Obama in 2012 or 2016. He's got that Brite Smile thing going on. Rowrrr.
Here's my Hillary comment from my blog, just remember before you guys lose your minds "THIS IS A POST MEANT TO ENFLAME PEOPLE INTO STATING AN OPINION ONE WAY OR THE OTHER!" So, just take it with a big grain of salt, and try to look at the basics without all the extra flamebait crap I add...
So Hillary wants to be president? ...that's just great!
Alot of people say they'd vote for her because it makes them sound "enlightened"... Look at me, I have no problem with a woman being president...
They're usually the people who say they're organ donors, but aren't...
Say they don't even notice people's race, but always say "I have lots of black friends..."
My biggest problem with Hillary? Monica Lewinski
Why Monica? Because, if this innocent, naive young girl could do the things SHE did with Bill, how does Hillary think she could keep tabs on the crap coutries are trying to pull these days? And it wasn't just the BJ queen of Washington, it was Jennifer and Paula and good knows how many others...
HILLARY WOULD TURN A BLIND EYE TO PROBLEMS!
...not only that, did everyone here forget Hillary already involved in numerous scandals herself, remember Whitewater?
Here's some other tidbits about the next great president:
ON AN ASIAN TOUR, Hillary Clinton told New Zealand television that she had been named after Sir Edmund Hillary. Pretty good trick, since Hillary was an unknown beekeeper the year of Mrs. Clinton's birth.
AFTER BECOMING involved in politics, Wellesley graduate Hillary Rodham orders her senior thesis sealed from public view.
Well, I don't think I'll vote for Hillary, I'm not that enlightened to allow this nitwit/genius to run our country...
Besides, would we really want the President of the United States being married to a slut? ...sorry Bill, you had that coming!
I personally don't have a problem with Hillary. I think she is intelligent and brave, both good presidential qualities.
My biggest issue with her(as Meegan stated and as demonstrated by the comments here), she is way to divisive. The right has the same feelings about her that I have about W.
I am sick to death of feeling like I am at war with half of my fellow Americans. We don't need any more divisive BS and I think there is enough pre-existing animosity toward her to eliminate the chance of bringing this country back together.
Now, I love the idea of a female president. I think in a time of war it just might be what this country and our world needs. However, we also need to heal and come together as a nation. I don't think Hillary is the bandaid, I think she would be salt in an open wound.
IMHO the world needs more feminine energy.
I agree with Meegan... Hillary would never get elected. I really like Hillary and would LOVE to see her become president. But it will never happen.
I've always thought that our first woman president would be a Republican, and probably semi-conservative. That way, conservatives/Republicans will vote for her (for political reasons) and progressives/Democrats will be tempted to vote for her ('cause she's a woman). It'll be like our own Margaret Thatcher. Joy.
I like Hillary Clinton just fine. But I hope she doesn't run because I don't think she can win. Although she's certainly smart enough to be president, IMHO, she's not the best candidate for the Democratic party .
I just want a good PERSON to be president. I don't care if the person is male or female. A good person would be such a nice change of pace.
Hillary is a terrible candidate for the Democrat Party. She would loose a national election.
Look at a electorial map of the last election. See all those red(neck) states? Places like Alabama, Mississippi, and West Virginia? They *HATE* Hillary. They hate the democrats because of Wako and Ruby Ridge. They are paranoid that democrats are going to take away their guns. The red states are firmly in the grip of the evangelical right wing. No way in hell that she could win.
I live in Florida, but as it turns out Dade County (where I live) went blue for the last two elections. So I am (mostly) safe here. But if I ever have to leave South Florida, I am in trouble. Out of South Florida and I am firmly in red state land. The nearest blue states are in New England, and are very cold. The western blue states are earthquake prone, and/or very cold. Iguanas hate the cold.
So, I have plotted my excape to the south. If it comes down to it, I will buy or steal a 40 foot sailboat and go to Aruba. Then declare asylum.
I'd absolutely love it if Hillary ran for office in 2008 - she'll definitely bring some much needed energy to the Democratic party.
IMHO the world needs more feminine energy.
..then all the newspapers would be talking about the political catfights instead of the "big dick pissing contests" ...Women play into the world's "energy" more than you could imagine, men are just the puppets...
I actually first began voting when Perot ran... I look at things analytically FIRST, then let my heart go wild... I thought Perot had a good business sense that would have fared well for our country, but he had old school common sense that wouldn't let him see us taken advantage of...
I guess i'm a hard line conservative with a wild liveral streak...
i think it would be wonderfull finally to see a woman in the white house
although, not meaning to rain on your parade here, we have had a woman prime minister in my country and she managed to set in motion a trebling of the levels of child poverty
super
[that said, hillary is not margaret thatcher...i hope]
Bohica, you're hilarious. BUT--you need to give a shout-out to Chris Rock for the organ donation bit. He said the same when he was talking about white people voting for Colin Powell in 1996's "Bring the Pain." :-)
shout to chris... lol ...now i gotta listen to chris rock, great, like i don't have enough to do in my day! LOL!
ps, winter, your blog is not there?
Hey bohica -- you're right. That's weird. I wonder what's wrong. FYI, it's yellingfireinacrowdedtheater.blogspot.com.
cheers,
Kris
As a conservative, I'm sure many would think I'm biased, but personally, I think Hillary is too polarizing. She'd have some who would absolutely vote for her, and those who absolutely wouldn't. But I believe that the swing vote could be easily swayed away. As many have noted before me here, Bill and Hillary have had a lot of controversy surround them, and this would be noticed by conservative opponents. Pending any potential roadblocks in the next three years, I see little that could be perceived as worse than some of the offenses that Hillary Clinton has been accused off, particularly if a current favorite to run for President, Senator George Allen of VA, that could knock off the Republican candidate.
I *heart* Hillary, she is one of my heros. I like that she's a tit-buster, she stands her ground, she's intelligent, well educated, and articulate. I could care less about Monica-gate and Bill would make a great First Gentleman.
However, Hillary is one of those folks (like myself) that you love or hate.
Womyn over 50 hate her because she has a career and didn't stay home to raise her child. She's opinionated and educated and she calls into question the choices that our grand/mothers made. They see her as un-feminine and un-matronly as one who did not live up to her role as wife and mother. And since we know that womyn under 30 vote less than womyn over 30, Hillary would loose and that would break my heart.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home