Elvis, Stephen Hawking, David Bowie & Me!!
What do Elvis, Stephen Hawking, David Bowie, The Hillside Strangler and I all have in common? Imagine if you were to mix all these personalities together to create that type of a man or woman! What an intoxicating human being! You would have the brilliant mind (the best quality, Hawking), the gorgeous body with gyrating hips, (Elvis)the musical talent (Bowie), the dark and intense side,(the Hillside Strangler) and the writer, lover of music, advocate ad infinitum (myself)!
What we all share is the same birthday: January 8th.
When I was younger, I used to be embarrassed that Elvis and I shared a birthday. I thought he was so un-cool. Today, I love the fact that we share a birthday, and can appreciate the other members of the January 8th club as well.
Here is the question of the day: Who shares your birthday? Do you like it, dislike it, and what do you have in common with him/her (if anything)?
Thank you for your minds.
What we all share is the same birthday: January 8th.
When I was younger, I used to be embarrassed that Elvis and I shared a birthday. I thought he was so un-cool. Today, I love the fact that we share a birthday, and can appreciate the other members of the January 8th club as well.
Here is the question of the day: Who shares your birthday? Do you like it, dislike it, and what do you have in common with him/her (if anything)?
Thank you for your minds.

23 Comments:
I don't know anyone who shares my birthday. It is Aug. 31st and usually falls on Labor Day weekend.
But I must tell you that my parents' wedding anniversary is on your birthday, Barbara! They will be celebrating 40 years and I am throwing them a huge party this weekend.
Have a great very happy birthday and wonderful year ahead!
Mazel tov, to your parentss, Stacey! That is quite an accomplishment.
Linda McCartney, Jim Henson, and Phil Hartman all share my birthday (September 24). What do the three of them have in common? They all died young.
Joy.
Oops, forgot F. Scott Fitzgerald. And he died young too. Smirk.
may 29 - john f. kennedy, bob hope, latoya jackson and melissa etheridge (same year) -- i feel like i'm in good company -- people that try to go beyond and make a difference (i hope).
I have only met two people who share my birthday. Danielle and I were friends for a long time until, then we had a falling out. I don't miss her, she was very maniupliative and lazy.
The other persyn, a guy whose name I can't remember, delivered bread to the bakery I worked at when I was in my late teens/early twenties.
not sure anyone of importance shares my birthday. I do remember hearing Elvis had died while we were celebrating it one year....
Dr. William James Mayo
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Nelson Eddy
Ruth Warrick
Slim Pickens
John Bradshaw
Stokely Carmichael
Love these lists....
Elisa, I like how you think that these people try to help and make a difference. A awesome connection indeed.
Actually, I believe a little more in numerology than in astrology. And (you'll find this interesting, Barbara) from what I've read, numerology was practiced a great deal by ancient Jewish sects. In fact, that's what really got it started.
...although I'll add I'm right on the cusp of Cancer/Leo and am Cancer domestically and Leo professionally.
Matt Johnson of The The and me, Nigel Patel, are also born on January 8th.
I always had a problem with sharing a birthday with Elvis too. But then I found Matt Johnson, who seems to be depressed more often than me. But for him it's art.
That was fun! Looking up the B.D. list.
Johannes Gutenberg, Edward VIII, Alfred Kinsey, Bob Fosse(Loved his autobio-movie, 'All That Jazz'), June Carter & Frances McDormand, the actor.
I'd like to have the genius of Gutenberg & Kinsey, the talents of Fosse & McDormand, The lovely aura of June Carter & the power or Edward VIII.
Well, if I were looking for the 'perfect man,' I think a combination of Stephen Hawking's brillant mind, Elvis's young buff body & musical talent, coupled with David Bowie's talent would be qute the find. The Hillside Strangler must have had some passion, sadly it was misdirected.
I can remember when I was about 13, a friend was reading Tiger Beat magazine. She looked up and exclaimed "You and Michael Jackson have the same birthday!" She was very excited about it. I thought it was interesting, but I always liked Elvis better (blame my mom). Now I'm definitely not so kewl with sharing it with Michael. He's one year older than I am.
Happy birthday!
Matt Lauer from the Today show shares my birthday with me :)
I just did a search and this is who was born the same day as me:
John Hancock
Edoaurd Manet
Ernie Kovacs
Jeanne Moreau
Chita Rivera
Rutger Hauer
Dr. Laura Schlessinger
Gil Gerard
Princess Caroline of Monaco
Marty Paich
Brendan Shanahan
Considering I don't know who most of them are so I can't tell you what traits I share with them. As for Dr. Laura, the only thing we share is gender, which is too much to share with that bonehead.
Barbara you come us with some of the most interesting things to ponder ... I found a lot of folks born on November 19th, but none in 1948. So where do I find this information?
It is a pleasure to have created a new project for so many of you!
Billy Joel and Candace Bergen share my birthday.
what fun!
I share birth date (March 5th) with
Andy Gibb
Elaine Paige
Freddie Prince jr
Fred Williamson
and Shakin' Stevens!
Don't know much about them other than they are kreative and talented people. Not a bad crowd to share a birthday with.
Fun! I share my birthday with:
the Marquis de Sade (who gave rise to the term "sadism")
Thomas Hardy (one of my favorite authors)
Martha Washington (first First Lady of the United States)
Jerry Mathers (the Beaver!)
Happy (belated) Birthday, Barbara!
Oh men..
Why play..?
You beat us in this one!!
T
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home