A New Beginning: January 1, 2006
Hearing television commentators talk about 2005, one was reminded of all the challenges, struggles, and pain that were individually or publicly associated with that year. The once strong voice of Dick Clark had been replaced by a muffling of words, the consequence of his own personal illness in 2005. But this year, thankfully 2005 is now behind us. We are at this moment here, January 1, 2006.
Although I use a Jewish calendar, I changed it, for another one, wanting to start the year fresh, with something new. I bought more new clothes yesterday, and at the stike of midnight, I kissed my husband, as usual, and then went to kiss my daughter, who also seemed relieved to start a new year as well. Of course, Astro received a kiss as too.
Today is a new day. The sun has yet to rise, but there is calm, peace and tranquility in the air. An Iris flower is sitting before me, a symbol of hope, strength and courage. The day will start with an earily morning meeting with frineds, and then, we are invited to celebrate this new year with old, dear friends, a perfect way to begin. Tonight is the last night of Hanukah, and the eight candle will be lit on the menorah as well.
May it be God's will that 2006 bring about unity, good health for all, and peace, tranquility and strength among individuals and nations. May it also bring peace to Israel.
Thank you for your minds.
Although I use a Jewish calendar, I changed it, for another one, wanting to start the year fresh, with something new. I bought more new clothes yesterday, and at the stike of midnight, I kissed my husband, as usual, and then went to kiss my daughter, who also seemed relieved to start a new year as well. Of course, Astro received a kiss as too.
Today is a new day. The sun has yet to rise, but there is calm, peace and tranquility in the air. An Iris flower is sitting before me, a symbol of hope, strength and courage. The day will start with an earily morning meeting with frineds, and then, we are invited to celebrate this new year with old, dear friends, a perfect way to begin. Tonight is the last night of Hanukah, and the eight candle will be lit on the menorah as well.
May it be God's will that 2006 bring about unity, good health for all, and peace, tranquility and strength among individuals and nations. May it also bring peace to Israel.
Thank you for your minds.

20 Comments:
indeed
btw
even for jews jan. 1 is significant as it is used for certian things counting to the sun year
You are the QUOTE OF THE DAY.
Be well. And good health to your and your loved ones in 2006, Barbara.
Cheers,
Mr. H.K.
Postcards from Hell's
Kitchen
And I Quote Blog
Happy NEW year, Barbara. I hope this clean slate will have good things written on it often.
Every day is a gift. When we realize that, there are no "bad" days or "hard" times. Just opportunities for growth.
I have found your blog enlightening. Thank you *S*
BTW, this year, we got one out of college too! WOOOOO HOOOOOO!
Happy New Year to you and your entire family. May 2006 usher in good health, happiness and peace for us all. And for Israel.
Happy 2006, Barbara!
I always enjoy the start of a new Year, making resolutions, reflecting on the past year & hoping the new one will be better.
Happy 2006 to you, also & peace.
Happy New Year, Barbara! May this year be so much better than the last. *hugs*
that was lovely. thanks for dropping by my space. it's wonderful to be here for the new year. happy 2006, barbara.
Hoping 2006 will only bring good things your way for you and your family!!!!
Have a great day!!!
A good optimistic post to start the New Year, Barbara!
Have a great 2006!
Hope you have a good year, Barbara. May your daughter do better this year and may you find peace.
The New Year is always a time re-new. I just think the New Year should be in the spring when everything is re-born.
I am now posting on my
new site. Come for a visit.
Happy New Year Barbara!
May this New Year bring love, good health and happiness for you and all of your family, and may all of your hopes,dreams and wishes for the New Year be fulfilled.
Zep.x
Barbara, I was wondering: what made you change to a Christian calendar?
y.y.: Your comments are simply fantastic for their naivette-but hey, on the other hand I wish I was in your shoes(no need to elaborate on that as it may be offensive)
Have a great '06, Barbara!!!
Hear Hear,(Or is it Here Here???) to all you said, Barbara..
It's a pleasure to visit you in this NEW year of 2006!
May this year be a glorious one for you and yours, my dear!
I wish you a very Happy New Year, Barbara!
Had a great holiday - and got lot's of new energy. Needed some days off... returned to my blog and discovered that motherdear had nominated my blog for a Best Spiritual Blogsite excellence award at The Order of Brilliant Bloggers!!
So if you want my blog to win this award - please visit http://mdskidsrbrilliant.blogspot.com/
to vote..
I was happy to read your daughter is still at home!
Guro
Barbara, I hope you and your family have a wonderful 2006.
A very inspiring post Barbara!
I am so happy for your joy, and may you and your family enjoy a wonderful and healthy new year. You know, you have taught us a lot about faith, and it seem that coming into 2006 yours have been realized.
Blessing and peace to you and your love ones.
Generally I do not post on blogs, but I would like to say that this post really forced me to do so! really nice post.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home