Prayers and Thoughts For Loved Ones and For Israel
First of all, let me thank my friend, Saur, for this great new icon she has created! I absolutely love it, and to be truthful, it sums up my personality and character quite well.
As the situation in Israel and the Middle East escalates, I know that many of us all are are hoping and praying for a speedy resolution where the loss of life and property is at a minimum. As you may know, I am still going to Israel in about 3 weeks. From what I hear, life in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem is pretty much business as usual. Of course the element of fear is forever present, but Jews are used to this since they are surrounded by people who hate them.
We will be in Jerusalem and I will go to the kotel (Western Wall.) If anyone would like me to put prayers or thoughts or names of loved ones or honor those who are being affected in this war, I am happy to do see.
Each day, when I wake up and before I go to sleep my prayers are with all those who are fighting for Israel as well as all citizens in the hopes that their lives and the lives and souls of all of our people, so that they will prosper and know some sense of peace and stability once again....
Thank you for your minds.
As the situation in Israel and the Middle East escalates, I know that many of us all are are hoping and praying for a speedy resolution where the loss of life and property is at a minimum. As you may know, I am still going to Israel in about 3 weeks. From what I hear, life in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem is pretty much business as usual. Of course the element of fear is forever present, but Jews are used to this since they are surrounded by people who hate them.
We will be in Jerusalem and I will go to the kotel (Western Wall.) If anyone would like me to put prayers or thoughts or names of loved ones or honor those who are being affected in this war, I am happy to do see.
Each day, when I wake up and before I go to sleep my prayers are with all those who are fighting for Israel as well as all citizens in the hopes that their lives and the lives and souls of all of our people, so that they will prosper and know some sense of peace and stability once again....
Thank you for your minds.

19 Comments:
hope im first!
i love your new icon too
As always, may God be with you!!
Love the new icon, while I really miss the old one!
Hi.
I didn't feel like I had the right to comment on your travel plans, since we have just started touching base through cyberspace. As much as I feel like I am getting to know you a wee bit.........well at least to a level where i know some of your passions and motivations.........I didn't feel that it was my place.
However, I have continued to read your posts and can feel your passion and desire to be in Israel for your multi-layered reasons. Your comment about going to the wall that I know is such a sacred place struck me deeply. I can picture you there (though I don't have a clue what you look like! ) But, I really can picture you there.
It has also left me with this urge to connect with you. I wish you well and good harmony on your trip. My you and your family stay safe and find that your monumental travels as holy and as satisfying as you hope.
Always carry hope with you in your back pocket.
Thank you all, and may God bless you...
I'm glad you like it. It IS you. ;o) My prayers are also for the people in Israel.
I love the new icon! Saur is a wiz at that sort of stuff!
This new flare up in the Middle East reminds me of the definition of insanity... doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Israel has NEVER negotiated for hostages and has ALWAYS retaliated like they really want to win (a lesson for us??). Why in the world would Hammas or Hezbola think it would be any different this time. Kinda makes you say hmmmm?
~mike
Go, Go, Go. I wish that I was there. I miss Israel terribly. Tourism is still incredibly important.
You'll have a fabulous trip.
Good luck, Barabara, ON YOUR TRAVEL.
Cool new icon!
Barbara,
You know I don't believe in god, but I do believe in prayer, and I don't have anyone being affected by this war, but I would grately appriciate it if you could say a prayer for my sister, Kristen. I've written about her health several times and I know you've had similar experiences with your daughter.
With pleasure, United!
I love your new icon too, B. (But of course I'd love it -- I'm a Libra.) It fits you perfectly.
I really do not understand the everpresent fighting either. Time magazine did a piece on it and showed in a graphic that Israel is about the size of New Jersey. Puts things into perspective, doesn't it? Dinky.
Speaking of Israel, Jews, and New Jersey, I watched Sarah Silverman's stand-up show "Jesus Is Magic" last night. Have you ever watched her stand-up routines? I'd like to hear your reactions. Boy, does she push the envelope. Example: a joke about her grandmother being in a high-status concentration camp where you could get "vanity" tattoos on your arm instead of the standard-issue multi-digit number, so hers read "bedazzled!" Greg and I were cringeing most of the way through. (Though we cracked up at her joke about why there aren't more Jews in porn: she shows herself being, er, *engaged* from behind and shouting, "F*** me up the tookas!") Yiddish not so sexy. (Forgive any misspelling, please.)
Be safe, Barbara.
What a terrible person I am sometimes...
I absolutely remember Jesus sitting somewhere with a few disciples, and a scribe and pharasee wander up and ask, "which sin is the worse sin?"
And, his answer was, "The Father hates liars worse than murderers..."
And, while it would seem true enough, since the first of liars was the snake that got the apple et, and that most liars through the ages have been bad folks, fer sure, but fer one thing....
Upon further consideration, if one thinks of the details about it, we are all liars, everyone of us.
Santa?
How about this, everyone born before the 1800's said man cannot fly.
Or, more simplistic, when we got driver's licsenses, we signed a thing that said we would obey all the rules....so, speeders are also liars, are they not?
Not that I'm picking here, only to say that, yer granny was right when she said there were not so many gray areas about....
only, she and I would'a had an arguement 'bout this one, I suspect.
There's a thing ya say in court, the truth, the whole truth, and nothin but the truth. Can ya imagine, that in this land of ours, that's actually a load of claptrap itself. If a lawyer tells the truth, should he know it, he'd get sued!
And, about the term, "whole truth" doesn't that imply that when we leave out something, an omission as it were, that that also is a lie?
Ah, then it dawns on me, oh yeah!
To say we're all liars is ok, cause we're all sinners, too, and hopefully we will be forgiven when the last day comes lookingt fer us.
Ah, but, even better, it seems.
Not only can I not find that line in the bible, but, I've put our preacher on the quest and he can't find it either.
And there rose from the crowd a great sigh of relief.
....or, do I remember it from a previous life? Nah....
Thank you.
the illogic of the letter priorwas due to me runnin around like a chicken without a head, which any of us older folks have actually seen, as gross as that may be.
Been workin on a VBS project, settin up stuff fer m'show in Aug. (which I hear is almost here) and a half dozen other things, some important, some not.
Dang, it takes me so long sometimes t'cut to the chase...
Anyway, we had discussed what's written once and I had notes on this, a sermon I was going t'give once, but, luckily never did, because it IS NOT in the bible.
(though it seems so strong in m'head to have been...)
Anyway, the "granny" part was from the same letter I wrote to another bloggin buddie (Nea) and, after writting it, just copied it and dragged it over here.
See? That was all I had t'write, but, I just can't stop m'self from explaining it out completely.....
am I sick, or what?
I dunno, but, I do know yer new icon is downright pretty.
See ya!
barb your trip concerns me, especially with the things i am seeing on the news, be safe, and look to the sky
Hey Barbara, I was in Turkey and Greece when King George started the newest round of wars with Iraq. Many people where very hostile to Americans at that time, but I said I AM A CITIZEN OF PLANET EARTH FIRST!!!
So, Go as a Jew, and a Citizen of Planet Earth from America, and may you remember: Peace is Every Step.
I will be thinking of you and on your travels. And would love to have you place my name on the Wall,, can you put a pagans' name on it??
If so I would be honored by that jesture in the most sincere way.
I know that something is drawing you to the loci that you are heading for on this trip. Enjoy the experience and spread Love and Peace with each footstep.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home