Connections
Sometimes it can be said that we feel connected to people, some type of bond or line that leads us back to or away from ourselves.
But what does it mean to feel truly connected to another person? Are the elements of time and space ingredients to be factored into our sense of feeling connections? Can connections be false, although on the surface they appear to be real to us?
For me, true connectness is a rare gift. This quality of course can be distinguished from friendship, infatuation and admiration. Connectness is something special, that develops over time and withstands the test of time.
Although I am blessed with many friends, there are few people to whom I would say that I am truly connected. It is like a cord that extends, but spreads its wings out and then curls inside again. I can think of one friend to whom I am extremely connected. We actually mainly correspond over the email, although have met one another and our spouses on a couple of occasions. He does not speak much, at least with words, but with musical notes, he is a majestic wizard. To him, I have always felt a deep connection, which has withstood the tests of time. Whenever there has been a crisis, he has always been here for me, for my family, never being afraid to run away from those difficult issues, but letting me and my family know that in every way he cares deeply. Now that I think about it, he rarely ever talks about himself, although if the truth be told, he has so much to discuss. He is a truly gifted composer and beautiful person, and when my heart and soul are going flat, he seems to know the right words to sayand bring them back to a sharp key. (no pun intended)
When we connect with people, we are brought back to ourselves, only in a richer, deeper, better way. It can be a beautiful spiritual experience reminding us of what is truly important in our lives, allowing us to grow and spread our wings and maybe even fly.
But what does it mean to feel truly connected to another person? Are the elements of time and space ingredients to be factored into our sense of feeling connections? Can connections be false, although on the surface they appear to be real to us?
For me, true connectness is a rare gift. This quality of course can be distinguished from friendship, infatuation and admiration. Connectness is something special, that develops over time and withstands the test of time.
Although I am blessed with many friends, there are few people to whom I would say that I am truly connected. It is like a cord that extends, but spreads its wings out and then curls inside again. I can think of one friend to whom I am extremely connected. We actually mainly correspond over the email, although have met one another and our spouses on a couple of occasions. He does not speak much, at least with words, but with musical notes, he is a majestic wizard. To him, I have always felt a deep connection, which has withstood the tests of time. Whenever there has been a crisis, he has always been here for me, for my family, never being afraid to run away from those difficult issues, but letting me and my family know that in every way he cares deeply. Now that I think about it, he rarely ever talks about himself, although if the truth be told, he has so much to discuss. He is a truly gifted composer and beautiful person, and when my heart and soul are going flat, he seems to know the right words to sayand bring them back to a sharp key. (no pun intended)
When we connect with people, we are brought back to ourselves, only in a richer, deeper, better way. It can be a beautiful spiritual experience reminding us of what is truly important in our lives, allowing us to grow and spread our wings and maybe even fly.

<< Home