Friday, November 18, 2005

Flying in the Face of Fear

It is the case, that often we can hear something that makes our souls awaken, or take a breathe that allows our eyes to open fully. Today, has been a difficult day, and I have had to utilize many sources of distraction to keep in a state of hope. Pragmatican says to watch a g-rated movie, which might be just the right dosage of medicine, but as you can see from my profile, I am truly a 'never-ending thinker. That being said, I received the most beautiful email from someone who has an ill child, and I would like to re-print her words:

"Every parent has their own way of dealing a child's illness, and I can only tell you what I do to get through---not that everybody should be like me but that's all I know---I just fly in the face of fear and believe that he will get better, no matter what is staring me in the face at that moment. I hold on to my vision of my healthy son and I think of him as being out there somewhere, needing me to believe in him so he can come back. "

It is with these words, that I too, will fly in the face of fear, and keep fighting for that vision of my daughter being restored to a state of good health. Along with my beliefs comes prayers, and the never-ending vision of hope that burns brightly.

Thank you for your minds.