An Update and Words of Many Thank Yous
First of all, thank you all so very, very much for you comments on my blog, your emails, your words and gestures from sending cards, to lighting candles, hanging a flying string to blow in the wind, to pre-occupying me with codes, ethics and legends from the Talmud to life my spirits and be kind and loving. I am truly grateful. It has always been my opinion, that most people in this world are indeed kind, loving human beings, and that beautiful self-less gestures spring forward from many hearts in a time of need. We all saw this phenomena in response to Hurricane Katrina.
An update on my daughter is that there is not much change. She is now eating and has a bit more color to her face, but will remain hospitalized for awhile until more tests can be done, a diagnosis reached, and until she is stabilized. I remain hopeful.
There is no greater pain than seeing one's child suffer, in fact, it seems to be the worst of all possible pains, and the fight to remain strong, and available both mentally and physically is a challenging one. How does this happen, one may ask? For me, I pray each and every day, and put my daughter into God's hands and make an effort to 'let go.' This is not easy, as fear, uncertainty and pain set in and can easily turn hope into despair. For the moment, I am making the very best effort to carry on with my own life, and get my work done, read and continue with life as it is. Every time my spirits sink or my hope begins to spiral down, one blogger has been sending me particular truncates, or stories or codes of ethics from the Talmud to read and think about. As if containing molecules of magic dust, these words from the sages have strangely kept me preoccupied and have turned my state of mind around from despair to one of hope.
Meanwhile, I will take life, as I have for so many years now, one day at a time, and keep a vision of hope burning brightly in mind.
Thank you for your minds.
An update on my daughter is that there is not much change. She is now eating and has a bit more color to her face, but will remain hospitalized for awhile until more tests can be done, a diagnosis reached, and until she is stabilized. I remain hopeful.
There is no greater pain than seeing one's child suffer, in fact, it seems to be the worst of all possible pains, and the fight to remain strong, and available both mentally and physically is a challenging one. How does this happen, one may ask? For me, I pray each and every day, and put my daughter into God's hands and make an effort to 'let go.' This is not easy, as fear, uncertainty and pain set in and can easily turn hope into despair. For the moment, I am making the very best effort to carry on with my own life, and get my work done, read and continue with life as it is. Every time my spirits sink or my hope begins to spiral down, one blogger has been sending me particular truncates, or stories or codes of ethics from the Talmud to read and think about. As if containing molecules of magic dust, these words from the sages have strangely kept me preoccupied and have turned my state of mind around from despair to one of hope.
Meanwhile, I will take life, as I have for so many years now, one day at a time, and keep a vision of hope burning brightly in mind.
Thank you for your minds.

<< Home