A Day of Paradox & a Dream of Hope
What was supposed to begin as a day marked by celebration and gratitude, did not really turn out as planned, and instead was overshadowed by parental duty and obligation. As you know, my daughter has been ill, and yesterday, we had to go to the emergency room, where we spent most of our day until she was admitted to the hospital. She had lost so much weight, her eyes were sunken and her color an ash gray. She will be receiving tests, and she is in the hands of competent hospital staff, and keep my hope and faith strong, which is an everlasting light that burns brightly inside.
It is said that it is forbidden by the Torah to enter into a state of dispair, as such a malidity prevents God from being present even in the worst of all possible situations. I will hang on to this thought, and any others that can be given, with the fervent hope that by doing so, light will return to my daughter's soul and she will emerge in better health.
For now, we are exhausted, both physically and emotionally. My posts will be few over these days, as my obligations in life will change too for the time being, but I will keep everyone informed as is possible.
Meanwhile, I want to thank those of you who have made such beautiful comments on the posts over the past few days, and have been kind enough to send me your personal emails, and words offering strength, hope, friendship and goodwill.
Thank you for your minds.
It is said that it is forbidden by the Torah to enter into a state of dispair, as such a malidity prevents God from being present even in the worst of all possible situations. I will hang on to this thought, and any others that can be given, with the fervent hope that by doing so, light will return to my daughter's soul and she will emerge in better health.
For now, we are exhausted, both physically and emotionally. My posts will be few over these days, as my obligations in life will change too for the time being, but I will keep everyone informed as is possible.
Meanwhile, I want to thank those of you who have made such beautiful comments on the posts over the past few days, and have been kind enough to send me your personal emails, and words offering strength, hope, friendship and goodwill.
Thank you for your minds.

26 Comments:
Barbara -- no words to express how I hurt with you. All I know to do is to pray for you and your daughter.
So sorry for your sorry and troubles. I will be thinking of you and your family.
You & your family are in my prayers
Barbara, my prayers go to you and your daughter.
Dear Barbara, you are such a beautiful person and such a loving mother. I hope with all my heart that your daughter returns to health soon. I am thinking of you and praying for you and for her.
Barbara-Life can be so unfair. It says H'Ashem doesn't test somebody with a challenge that's above this person’s potential to overcome. You seem like a strong and courageous person, probably exactly what your daughter needs right now.
May I suggest you visit
http://tjktsc.tripod.com/
for some practical inspiration.
Warm, positive, healthful, peaceful thoughts headed your way!
Mr. H.K.
Postcards from Hell's
Kitchen
And I Quote Blog
Still thinking of you both Barbara.
Thank you so much for your words and blessings. I am deeply touched by your thoughts for my daughter.
Although they do not post much, I want to thank Y.Y., queeniesmom and LiquidPlastic for their emails, and words of wisdom and strength as we walk through this ordeal.
So long as there is breathe, there is hope...
I'm so sorry for all that you are going through. I am thinking about you and your daughter.
Barb, I am deeply saddened by your latest report. You and your daughter will continue to be in my prayers and thoughts.
Barbara, you and your daughter are in my thoughts. Peace to you.
Barbara,
I've been thinking of you and your daughter and praying for you both. It must be so hard to watch her ill. We're all thinking of you!
I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move.
Matthew 17:20
Sending only the best!!!
You and your daughter is in my thoughts. I will put up a string of Tibetan Prayerflags outside, and let the wind blow the prayers in your direction.
Barbara... *hugz* We may not always agree, but you have an interesting mind and a loving heart. I hate to see you going through this. I, too, will burn a candle for your daughter.
P.S. I truly have been praying for you both.
I am truly touched by all of your kind words, acts, ranging from lighting candles, to hanging strings to fly to beautiful thoughts. For me, prayer is necessary to keep balanced. I found this quote today:
"When you pray, remove from your heart all worldly concerns".
- Nahmanides, letter to his son Nahman, 1268
When I pray, it keeps me from being so fearful about what is happening, and to know that my daughter is in God's hands.
I am hoping she will be in better shape when we visit today.
Barb ... the simple fact that I could read the words of a virtual stranger and tear up the way that I just have ... this, to me, demonstrates our capacity for the truest type of caring - directly from the heart.
I will be thinking about you and your daughter and will check back to read progress from time to time.
You are not alone in this world. We're holding your hand very tightly.
Vaya con Dios, mi amiga
*hugs*
Barbara, what meeting in Walnut Creek do you go to??? I got sober in Walnut creek and Concord in 1993 wondered if I know you...
Holding you with the Highest thoughts and energy possible!! Do not dispair, this admonition not to dispair is holding me up also. Blessings be upon you and your family from this trying time.
This is a pain like no other. I'm so sorry. I hope for the best.
I'm thinking about and praying for you, your daughter, and your family.
Get well soon to her.
Barbara- Keeping you, your daughter and your family in my thoughts. Peace and blessings to you all.
I hope life will treat you with the kindness you deserve..
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home