Denying Pain & Difficulty
A family member read my post below about us remembering Kristallnacht, the night of broken glass. Although moved, and shaken by the memory of these horrible days, she said to me, "yes, this is part of our history. We must embrace it and go forward. This does not mean that you should deny your pain for now." When told that your child is seriously ill, how can you not feel pain and suffer? How can you not grieve at some level, even to the point of dispair? No matter what you know, or are told, the codes of ethics that loom around us, the laws as they exist, your pain is real, and to push it aside is to do yourself a disservice.
As you can see, I am even speaking in the third person, as if somehow by detaching myself from the entire situation, it makes it easier for me to deal with at some level. I imagine the reality is slowly beginning to penetrate the layers of my soul, inch by inch, until it sits so deep inside that it remains and grows even larger, or explodes.
Yes, the pain is real. I feel it. It does not go away by what goes on around me.
Thank you for your minds.
As you can see, I am even speaking in the third person, as if somehow by detaching myself from the entire situation, it makes it easier for me to deal with at some level. I imagine the reality is slowly beginning to penetrate the layers of my soul, inch by inch, until it sits so deep inside that it remains and grows even larger, or explodes.
Yes, the pain is real. I feel it. It does not go away by what goes on around me.
Thank you for your minds.

<< Home