My Birthday Wishes
Today is my birthday. This day is shared with some famous and some not so famous individuals. As mentioned below, January 8th was Elvis's birthday, along with Stephen Hawking, David Bowie, Soupy Sales, the Hillside Strangler, my dear friend Stephanie and Nigel (from blogsville.)
Each birthday is a day when we feel special and can dream about what we want. Now that I am a bit older, my wishes may be more intangible, but I will share them with you all here. Gone is the need that to be lavished with gifts as the sole purpose of a birthday being special or happy. Today, maybe because I am older, my wishes are more abstract and global.
First of all, I wish for the continued good health and progress of my daughter. She is making improvements, and I am thankful to God for every good day. My next wish is for Ariel Sharon. Whether you admire him or not, he has been a hero to modern day Israel in trying to negotiate a peaceful resolution so that Jews can live peacefully with their neighbors. My wish is for him to remain stable and improve little by little. My next wish is for us to gradually withdraw from Iraq so that other men and women do not have to lose their lives or limbs, and that such withdrawal be speedy and peaceful. While on politics, I wish that George Bush would leave the Presidency, either by impeachment or resignation. Hearing that Mr. Delay decided to resign and step aside from House Majority leadership was a welcome gift. I also wish for my dog Astro to live out the year, if this is possible. I wish for the good health of my husband, my son and all my friends. I also wish for the continued safety and peace for Israel every moment of the day.
While I am at it, I also wish for a bottle of this new fragrance that has come out called Safron Troublant by L'Artisan. It is sensual and delicious. It would not be bad to have a Ballenciaga black bag to go along with it. These wishes I could honestly do without.
It is also my wish that each and every one of you have a good year, good health and prosperity.
On a side note. Woody Allen's new movie, Match Point, is a brillant, philosophical piece about the meaning of life and luck! A must see.
Happy Birthday to myself, and to all those other January 8th babies out there. Let the day be one of joy for you.
Thank you for your minds.
Each birthday is a day when we feel special and can dream about what we want. Now that I am a bit older, my wishes may be more intangible, but I will share them with you all here. Gone is the need that to be lavished with gifts as the sole purpose of a birthday being special or happy. Today, maybe because I am older, my wishes are more abstract and global.
First of all, I wish for the continued good health and progress of my daughter. She is making improvements, and I am thankful to God for every good day. My next wish is for Ariel Sharon. Whether you admire him or not, he has been a hero to modern day Israel in trying to negotiate a peaceful resolution so that Jews can live peacefully with their neighbors. My wish is for him to remain stable and improve little by little. My next wish is for us to gradually withdraw from Iraq so that other men and women do not have to lose their lives or limbs, and that such withdrawal be speedy and peaceful. While on politics, I wish that George Bush would leave the Presidency, either by impeachment or resignation. Hearing that Mr. Delay decided to resign and step aside from House Majority leadership was a welcome gift. I also wish for my dog Astro to live out the year, if this is possible. I wish for the good health of my husband, my son and all my friends. I also wish for the continued safety and peace for Israel every moment of the day.
While I am at it, I also wish for a bottle of this new fragrance that has come out called Safron Troublant by L'Artisan. It is sensual and delicious. It would not be bad to have a Ballenciaga black bag to go along with it. These wishes I could honestly do without.
It is also my wish that each and every one of you have a good year, good health and prosperity.
On a side note. Woody Allen's new movie, Match Point, is a brillant, philosophical piece about the meaning of life and luck! A must see.
Happy Birthday to myself, and to all those other January 8th babies out there. Let the day be one of joy for you.
Thank you for your minds.

27 Comments:
How wonderful to start the new year with a celebration of your life! The happiest of blessings to you.
Happy birthday to you and your "friends."
Happy Birthday! I hope it is a beautiful, happy and healthy one, and that you live a life of prosperity and longevity. :)
A VERY VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Barbara...and manny many more AND, I hope & pray that ALL your wishes come true, my dear...!
Have a lovely and wonderful day, filled with all those you love surronding you!
Happy Birthday Barbara! I offer you peace as a gift.
Thank you so very much for your kind wishes.
Today is just beginnning. The sun is not yet up, and I hear the good news that the doctors are going to 'wake' Sharon up tomorrow.
So far, so good!
HaPpy BiRThdAy BaRbieDoLL!!!!
Happy Birthday, Scottlass!
I did a search as well, and found others share this day as their birthday. I sent them good wishes too.
Here is a list of birthdays for January 8th I found on someone's blog:
Wilkie Collins, 182 (born 08 January 1824)
British master of the suspense novel, who wrote "The Woman In White"
Solomon Bandaraike, 107 (born 08 January 1899)
Prime Minister of Sri Lanka 1956-59.
Georgi Malenkov, 104 (born 08 January 1902)
President of the Soviet Union 1953-5.
William Hartnell, 98 (born 08 January 1908)
(Died 1975) Actor - the first 'Dr Who'.
Butterfly McQueen, 95 (born 08 January 1911)
actress.
Jose Ferrer, 94 (born 08 January 1912)
(Died 1992) Actor.
Ron Moody, 82 (born 08 January 1924)
Actor comedian - Oliver's Fagin.
Roy Kinnear, 72 (born 08 January 1934)
(Died 1988) Comic actor - 'Help' 'The Three Musketeers'.
Elvis Presley, 71 (born 08 January 1935)
(Died 1977) Rock and roll singer.
Shirley Bassey, 69 (born 08 January 1937)
Welsh singer whose international hits include "Goldfinger" and "Hey Big Spender".
Yvette Mimieux, 67 (born 08 January 1939)
French actress.
Graham Chapman, 65 (born 08 January 1941)
(Died 1989) Comedian - 'Monty Python'.
Stephen Hawking, 64 (born 08 January 1942)
English physicist and mathematician
Terry Sylvester, 61 (born 08 January 1945)
Member of The Hollies.
Robby Kreiger, 60 (born 08 January 1946)
Member of The Doors.
David Bowie, 59 (born 08 January 1947)
English rock singer and actor
Paul King, 58 (born 08 January 1948)
Member of Blue Oyster Cult 'Don't Fear the Reaper'.
John McTiernan, 55 (born 08 January 1951)
Director 'Die Hard' 'Hunt for Red October'.
Calvin Smith, 45 (born 08 January 1961)
US athlete
R Kelly, 37 (born 08 January 1969)
Singer.
Paul Hester, 37 (born 08 January 1969)
Died 2005. Drummer with Crowded House
Happy Birthday Barbara!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Barbara!!
And Thank you for your mind!
And while we are at it.. since you and I agree on this national disaster called "Dubbya".. how about wishing the democratic party grows a spine and finds its voice??
T
Happy Bday B!
You have a good collection of fellow birthday people. I think Faye Dunaway is the only notable on my day.
Happy birthday, babe! I hope the coming year brings you health, happiness, prosperity, and peace.
And may all your bush-related hopes be realized!
Happy Birthday, Barbara. Enjoy your special day.
very happy birthday to you barbara, and all the january babies out there! best of wishes! hope you find peace in the midst of life's ups and down as the year progresses. peace!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
woody allen...hmm, i can't bring myself to see a movie done by someone with his history... or michael jackson, gary glitter or
roman polanski...
maybe that's a good topic for you...
happy b-day
Thank you all for your kind wishes and thoughts.
I had a nice birthday, with both my husband and daughter. Since my son is out of state, he could not be here.
We went out to dinner, and we sat in a booth (a complete coincidence, if you believe in such things) and there was a picture of Elvis there with his guitar. I considered this to be a very good omen.
and many more *S*
Happy Birthday Barb! Hope you had a happy one.
Happy Birthday Barbara!
Happy Birthday!
Belated, but no less I wish you the Best Year ever to follow your day!! Happy Birthday!
Happy belated birthday, Barbara!
Hurra for deg som fyller ditt år, ja deg vil vi gratulere!
Alle i ring omkring deg vi står - og se! Når vil vi marsjere!
Bukke, nikke, neie snu oss omkring,danse for deg med hopp og sprett og spring
ønske deg av hjertet alle gode ting - og si meg hva vil du mere?
Gratulere!
I case you didn't understand that - it's a Norwegian Birthday song and translated the words are about as follows:
hooray on your birthday, We want to congratulate you. we are standing around you - and see! we will march in your honor. Bow, curtsey(? not sure of the spelling here...), nod and we're turning around: we're dancing for you on this day. From our hearts we wish you all good things - and tell me - what more do you want?
Jan 8th is also my Mother in laws BD.....I hope you had a great day and enjoyed yourself!!!!
Happy belated birthday Barbara. My husband birthday is today.
Peace and blessings!
Happy Birthday Barbara!
Sorry I`m a wee bit late with the birthday wishes, but better late than never!
Glad you had a lovely birthday.
Zep.x
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home