Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Letting Go of People, Places and Things

When this blog was started in April 2005, I was at a very different place in my life. For one, the luxury of working part time, and out of my home, was available to me. Both of my children were in college, and it felt as if a new stage of life was beginning to unfold. Consequently, I had the freedom to write, the time to think and the ability to share and visit many of your blogs as well.

Today, life as I know it is no longer the same. For one, I am working a full time job, which gives me little time to think, and I am taking care of an ill child, which is both stressful and demanding. In addition, my interests and focuses have also spirited and left little time to write.

What has blogging done for me over these past almost two years? For one, it has allowed me to express myself, uncensored for the most part in a non-threatening public forum. Blogging gave me the opportunity to connect with more Jews, and as a result, I myself have become more observant as well. Just the other day, I placed muzzuzahs over each door in my home, and today, a kind soul from blogsville, (who did not know what I had done) felt I needed a new one and sent me a beautiful piece of Jerusalem stone with a proper scroll. How great is that!Moreover, I have been able to meet many people, some very kind and wonderful, and others, well, let us say not so much so.

There are times in our lives when we must let go of people, places and things. Letting go is not always so bad, but it can mean moving on so that we can grow, change, and impact the lives of others in many different ways as well. This year, I have had to let go of so much, hopes, dreams, people, things, and as a result, I am experiencing this wonderful journey called life.

Therefore, it is with great remorse (and perhaps some pleasure) that I will give up posting on Women on the Verge of Thinking. As someone who lives one day at a time, and knows that nothing is forever, let my declaration be within that context as well.

Let me thank everyone for reading, writing, expressing him/herself and being a part of my life for the past couple of years.

And most of all....

Thank you for your minds.