Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Blog Wars: EDITED

Over these past few days, many of you can see that there have been some rather intense, conversations on this blog, some resulting in adversity, others support, and at times hurtful comments about blogging and fellow bloggers have surfaced. As indicated, the blog is for oneself, but to say that we do not enjoy the comments, attention and discourse would be untruthful. In the same vein, we can also be affected by the negativity may put more emphasis into it than others, and it is not for me to say nor judge.

What has surfaced, dispute this realization, is that the blogging world is composed of real people, some who are great, others not so much so. Frankly, I am spending way too much time and energy and investment too much of myself in the internet and the blogging world. Since my job entails me working from the computer, it is easy to log on and post comments. Yes, it can be stimulating, and distracting, and it can also be aggravating. War is not something that I find to be attractive, either in the real world or on the internet.

Having impassioned discussions are one thing. Disagreement is another. Putting one's entire being into a machine and letting it define who you are and what you think about yourself are completely something else as well.

A blog should not be a replacement of life, but an expression of it.

Since this is my blog, I am going to delete comments that I determine to be necessary, period. If some of you are coming here with an agenda, and I think you have one, I will delete your comments if I feel you have an agenda that is mean, spiteful or has an element of hatred or unkindness in it. I have deleted some comments below, and I am telling the people that I am deleting them, so there are no surprises. As of today, I have eliminated the anonymous comments section as well out of an abundance of caution.

I am not leaving, but I am going to begin to enforce my own rules. This is my blog, and I am going to stop being Ms. Nice and sticking up for myself when I feel it is necessary. If you truly do not want to read what I have to say, please stop coming here to read, and posting hurray when someone, who is posting without a proper address comes here and does so and you show allegiance. The element of suspicion begins to emerge, and frankly, I am tired of it.

Many people enjoy reading my blog, as much as I enjoy writing it, and I am not going to stop because there are some people who have their own agendas. I left the make-up site because I felt that there was meanness towards some people, defined by personal agenda. I am not going to leave my own blog.


Thank you for your minds and spirits.

9 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

I can totally understand and respect it!!!

12:26 PM  
Blogger The Scribbler said...

Good for you Barbara!

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i quite enjoy your discussions -- actually i look forward to what's next! i don't find a lot of intelligent talk anywhere else really. i enjoy the comments and enjoy getting to comment.

unfortunately, like everything -- there is good and bad. but, it's your blog and i respect your rules. sorry to see that others give you difficulty -- that's not what blogs are for.

4:01 PM  
Blogger EarthCitizen #23 said...

On the Verge of Thinking is why I am on the Internet,,, I do love civil debate and intellectual discussion and would hate to see such a blog as yours bite the dust.
I haven't had this problem,,, no one knows my blog is around ,, except you and Rachael,, at least from the comments,, hope you can keep it under control,, and continue to share with us all who want to read your posts and take part in mindfull thought.

4:28 PM  
Blogger TRW said...

Good! This is YOUR space. If someone came into your house and starting screaming at me without allowing defense, I'd send them away. You were extra nice and at least tried to be civil, they were not.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Niobium said...

Bravo, girlfriend.

I like a womyn with tits.

7:21 PM  
Blogger queeniesmom said...

Blogger ate my comment :( hope it was tasty :) here goes again-

YES!!!You're standing up for yourself! stand up straight - you're no longer a pretzel.

bonne chance - let the good times roll.

9:18 PM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

I always said I had balls, dispite the fact that that this is factually incorrect...Now, I like that line, I like a woman with tits@@@

10:15 PM  
Blogger Niobium said...

We have tits, and we know how to use 'em. And in this case, size doesn't matter.

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home