The Winds of Change
First of all, thank you all for your kind and supportive emails and posts to what has been a couple of weeks of controversy on this blog. In an attempt to restore it, and my readers, and myself, by the way, to some sense of light equilibrium, and sanity, I am going to post something completely unlike me and ask the following question:
Tell me what the weather is like in your city today? Where do you live? Do you experience the seasons? If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
Thank you for your minds.
Tell me what the weather is like in your city today? Where do you live? Do you experience the seasons? If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
Thank you for your minds.

26 Comments:
i live in Brooklyn NY
its not as hot nor humid today
i love this city wouldnt go live anywhere on this planet
(i explored many cities)
today was way too hot for my liking (30-something degrees celsius), overcast and muggy, so i took the chicklets to a nice, air-conditioned shopping mall!
but tonight it is going to rain and thunder in london - i look forward to it
mmmmm, i'm not sure about where else i would like to live...anywhere where my family are! but i think i'd enjoy living on the north cornwall coast - it's beautiful
be well and have a good day, my day is almost done here in london!
Hmm...Let's see...I live in the Middle East, so what was the day like today? Hot! Hot! Hot! But, it doesn't really get humid here. It's very dry heat to the point where, if you're out in the afternoon, the breeze and air makes you feel like your walking through a blow dryer.
I live in Jerusalem, and I really do love it. But, I think my heart belongs to the Galil. So, if I had my way, I'd live somewhere up there. Not sure exactly what city yet, but definitely not Haifa.
-OC
it's a cool day in connecticut. we have all seasons, but today is exceptional! i'm trying to enjoy the seasons -- although my favorite (fall) is short-lived here. if i could live anywhere? i don't know, been trying to decide that for a couple of years now -- no decision as yet.
sorry -- that last message from anonymous was me (don't know how i did that -- could have something to do with the kitten that's been climbing all over my keyboard).
Nice change of topic B.
Today it is chilly here, (for the middle of August)coming in around 10C. Its pouring rain. Its always discouraging to have this kind of chill at this time of year because it never really heats up again. Just downhill from there to a long, long, winter. By the way, I'm in Central Alberta (Canada). Oh well, a person could certainly have worse problems.
Take Care.
Forgot my own two cents:
The weather in southern California is quite warm, about 87. We unfortunately do not have all of the seasons, and I miss that actually, especially fall.
I would want to live somewhere in Israel.
This is the first time I have read your blog so I don't know what has been going on but I will investigate.
I live in Houston, Texas. It is hot and humid today. It rained a little while ago and now it is just hot and humid again. Sometimes we see the seasons but mostly we see hot and cool, occasionally cold.
I love going to Colorado where you can actually see the fall colors and feel the cool mountain air.
Forgot to add, I'd always want to live in Canada, probably in the South central part of B.C. where there are four seasons!
Believe it or not it is only 77 degrees in Houston. It was up to the lower 90s earlier, but lately the afternoons have beec cloudy and there is some rain on the way. It's 4:20 pm and it is fairly dark outside. I love weather like this.
As for where else to live? We have the Lambda Center here and I cannot imagine not having that to go to every day. Guess I will stay put.
I too am new to your blog. But I like that it involves me. I can be a little self centered sometime. And I like to talk about myself. But I really like a good controversy. So I will have to read up on your blog.
But while I’m here.. I’m not quite sure what its like outside. I work indoors. It looks sunny. I assume its hot out. I’ll find out later while I’m riding my bike home. I’m in Brooklyn and I escape every weekend camping to escape the city life and take advantage of my summer.
So I would say yes. I experience the seasons.
If I could be anywhere right now. I would be protesting the disengagement from Gaza. Hey someone’s gotta say it.
Thanks for having me. :)
It's a beautiful day in Brooklyn!
Yep, what Lucy Stern and Scott W. said. Not too bad today but usually hot and humid with afternoon thunderstorms here in Houston.
As you know, if I could live anywhere I would live on Orcas Island!
Yes, that was much easier to comment on than some of the heavier stuff this week! :)
Laura/kygirl,
Welcome back to my blog. I have missed your posts, and hope that the controversial nature of some of what was being discussed did not sway you from coming here.
Pawlr...Two posts on the weather...Again, I am questioning your motives. I would appreciate if you refrain from posting on my blog. Since you and Doug are a tag-team, it is best that you both be asked to leave, so I can be fair and even handed.
Clearwater, Florida. Very Hot. Very Humid. A few thunderstorms. The beagle is hiding in the tub and the chihuahua is barking at the thunder. I would like to live in Costa Rica. I hear the weather us 75 degrees all year.
It's been very hot here in Ga today...93....But we've had some storms come thru and cool it down to 85....Yes we have seasons....some seem shorter than other's... Spring is my fav..I love all the flowers blooming and colors....it's so pretty and not too hot yet either....hmmmm...I think I would want my own island...lol
South Central PA. Nice day. Lower 80's I think. Sunny. Just nice. We have four seasons and I love them all. Each one in its turn is wonderful.
I like living here. I don't want to live anywhere else, but if I could live in two places and just visit back and forth, the other place would be Capri, Italy.
Day started dark, turned to rain, nice welcome rain, then let go and gave us sun warm humid rays.
Don't pay attention to the seasons nearly as much as I should.
I would live on a boat and travel along the roads less traveled.
It is HOT here. I think I might have died and gone to hell.
If I could live anywhere in the world, it would be on a 90 foot sail boat. If the anyplace in the world came with as much desil fuel as I needed, then I would live on a motor yacht.
I live in Wisconsin... I'm a transplanted lifelong ohioan actually. The winters aren't any worse here, as one might think...
Seasons, yes I got 'em and yes I love 'em... but if winters were a little shorter I wouldn't object... I get sick of winter before winter gets sick of me. But I hate HOT weather. SO I couldn't live much farther south. I like hot on vacation... but I couldn't live in it.
Today we had tornado warnings. The kids freaked out, but I didn't. I don't head to the basement until I see an airborn car flying past my window. The surronding storms messed up our phone service though. Cell phones wouldn't work either... but that was minimally exciting. I'm just happy there was no interruption in internet service!
Thank you for your kind comment at my place. Teenagers! I feel SOOO unprepared!
long island, ny is pleasant today. felt like so.ca not too hot , not too humid. would that this would cont. but we're nyers we like to be contrary and complain, the weather is always a good place to start. spring to short, winter too long etc..
despite it wouldn't live anywhere else. have my grass, the green kind!, and my flowers but if the brain needs stimulation the city is nearby.
but please can the house fairy pay us a visit and fix up those things that need doing, pretty please???
Barbara - have a great shabbat.
London was hot yesterday,
28 c/82 f (which seems hotter than it is) but today, it's back to the usual rainy picture and only 21c.
We have seasons but nothing beats Spring for me. My favourite month of the year is May.
If I had a choice of living anywhere in the world, there would be no contest - the Jewish Quarter in Jerusalem.
Freaking hot, somewhere around 95 degrees. It's waaaaay too hot here for me. This is the farthest south I've ever lived; I enjoy the sun but can barely stand the baking summers. And I'm only 2 hours south of Chicago! I am a north woods girl at heart.
I don't have a dream locale but if I could select my ideal place to live, there would be water and a good city nearby and four real seasons. Growing up in Detroit, I always loved visiting Toronto. In fact, I think living in Canada would be superior in many ways to living in the U.S. -- but socialized medicine scares me.
Its very cloudy, about to rain. At least Lakewood is 3 miles from the beach, which is awesome.
Summer is hotter then upstate Ny, and much more humid. But we also get much less snow then NY and New England.
I love Switzerland, would like to live there. I considered going to Sem. there, but in the end Jerusalem won out.
Thank you all for sharing with me on this mundane, but centering post!
Actually, I learned quite a bit about you bloggers from this information.
I'm late...sorry,
Manhattan, NY is where you'll find me. I've heard that the weather was bearable on Thursday. We get the best of everything here: Falls which spread slowly over a bright Summer, trees which go from green to reds and yellows and then barren waiting for snow to cover skeletal frames. Spring flowers of crocus, snowdrops, daffodils.
I think that I'm okay...right here.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home