Tagged by ParisJasmal
1. You and Astro just won a trip anywhere in the world. First class, all expenses paid. Where do you take sweet Astro?
For those of you who do not know, Astro is my beloved golden retriever. He is now showing the signs of old age, not able to walk and certainly unable to spend any time in a car. I have thought about this question many times, believe it or not, to the disgust of my husband, and so I do have an answer to you, as if it were Astro 8 years aglow.
I would take him on a jet plane to Paris. He wouls sit on a seat next to mine. No luggage compartment for my beloved canine.
What dog oriented activities do you think Astro would enjoy there?
Since Paris was and may still be dog friendly, he would do everything I would do. We would start with a tour of the Louvre Museum, then head on over to the Musse d'Orsee and have lunch inside a fancy restaurant inside, perhaps like Maxims. He would be brought his own menu, as would I, and we would order to the hilt! Since I do not drink, but love Bedoir water from France, I would get a bottle to share with him.
Off to the hotel, where he would be given his own room. (I know this from being there). The next morning we would head by car to the Loire Valley and visit the Chateau and end up in Amboise, and visit the home of Da'Vinci.
We would go back to Paris, visit the Frederic Malle and Serge Lutens boutiques (they would just have to relax their standards, come back with bottles of fragrances and go out to dinner again.
What a fun question, Jen! As you may have guessed, I have taken this trip, all the way through France, ending up in the deridingly and Albi, both the most amazing cities one can speak. (If the spelling is off, excuse me.) I hope one day to return to this sensual and imaginative country.
2. Can you tell me a wonderful Holiday memory you have growing up Jewish?
My own parents were not very religious, but my grandparents were Orthodox and quite observant. I was close to my maternal grandmother who used to prepare dinner and light the candles every Friday night for Shabbath. I remember spending time in the kitchen with her, as she would make her own gefilte fish, lemon meringue pies and pickles and tomatoes. We would walk to shul on Saturday mornings, men on one side, women on the other. My brother was not interested, and stayed home, despite her pleas, but I went, and to this day, I thank her, as I think it is the reason that I too have continued, albeit only with the last few years, to keep Shabbath on Friday nights.
What Holiday traditions did your family celebrate that you really enjoyed and have fond memories of?
3.You can be world famous for having a talent --BUT not writing is your world famous talent, and how do you use it to better the world?
I would want to be a conductor of a symphony orchestra. I took conducting lessons, at one time, but late in my live, and was so fascinated by the activity. I love music and interpretation and expression, all beautiful acts of the senses.
4. Give us ladies (and gents) with no children some beautiful words of wisdom about motherhood. I know you are such a loving mother.
Thank you for the kind words. Motherhood, believe it or not, has been my hardest job. One would think that being a lawyer is hard, but being a mother is far more difficult. No one trains you or tells you how to do it, and to a large extent, it is a job one learns while doing it. Consequently, may mistakes are made.
I worked throughout my children's childhood, but it is truly the quality and not quantity of time one spends, as I know many stay at home mothers who are there in body, but not spirit. My children found me to be strict, and I was with their education as knowledge is something that is so very important to me. Sometimes I pushed too hard, and they let me know it, but I always respected them and let them make their choices, within my framework, it seems today. Thank God, both my children are smart and have made great achievements.
If I had to give advise it would be to be patient, loving, and know that nothing is cast in stone. Realize that one's children are not your property, but your life, and that they too have lives and selfish that may be different from one's one. Try to speak kindly and warmly to them, even when you feel like pulling out their hair.
5. Tell me how you got interested in Fragrance. How does fragrance make you feel?You already know the rules! xoxo much love!
Through Makeup alley. Before that, I only wore a couple of scents. Meeting many nice women, like yourself and so many others, with the knowledge and love of fragrances got me a bit hooked. Being a sensualist, it was a natural match for me, and consequently, I have learned so much and now have way too many bottles of fragrances. I wear fragrance to bed now as well, as I enjoy the sweet smell of a nice scent and it makes me have pleasant, and often provocative dreams.
Love you, Jen. xoxo b
For those of you who do not know, Astro is my beloved golden retriever. He is now showing the signs of old age, not able to walk and certainly unable to spend any time in a car. I have thought about this question many times, believe it or not, to the disgust of my husband, and so I do have an answer to you, as if it were Astro 8 years aglow.
I would take him on a jet plane to Paris. He wouls sit on a seat next to mine. No luggage compartment for my beloved canine.
What dog oriented activities do you think Astro would enjoy there?
Since Paris was and may still be dog friendly, he would do everything I would do. We would start with a tour of the Louvre Museum, then head on over to the Musse d'Orsee and have lunch inside a fancy restaurant inside, perhaps like Maxims. He would be brought his own menu, as would I, and we would order to the hilt! Since I do not drink, but love Bedoir water from France, I would get a bottle to share with him.
Off to the hotel, where he would be given his own room. (I know this from being there). The next morning we would head by car to the Loire Valley and visit the Chateau and end up in Amboise, and visit the home of Da'Vinci.
We would go back to Paris, visit the Frederic Malle and Serge Lutens boutiques (they would just have to relax their standards, come back with bottles of fragrances and go out to dinner again.
What a fun question, Jen! As you may have guessed, I have taken this trip, all the way through France, ending up in the deridingly and Albi, both the most amazing cities one can speak. (If the spelling is off, excuse me.) I hope one day to return to this sensual and imaginative country.
2. Can you tell me a wonderful Holiday memory you have growing up Jewish?
My own parents were not very religious, but my grandparents were Orthodox and quite observant. I was close to my maternal grandmother who used to prepare dinner and light the candles every Friday night for Shabbath. I remember spending time in the kitchen with her, as she would make her own gefilte fish, lemon meringue pies and pickles and tomatoes. We would walk to shul on Saturday mornings, men on one side, women on the other. My brother was not interested, and stayed home, despite her pleas, but I went, and to this day, I thank her, as I think it is the reason that I too have continued, albeit only with the last few years, to keep Shabbath on Friday nights.
What Holiday traditions did your family celebrate that you really enjoyed and have fond memories of?
3.You can be world famous for having a talent --BUT not writing is your world famous talent, and how do you use it to better the world?
I would want to be a conductor of a symphony orchestra. I took conducting lessons, at one time, but late in my live, and was so fascinated by the activity. I love music and interpretation and expression, all beautiful acts of the senses.
4. Give us ladies (and gents) with no children some beautiful words of wisdom about motherhood. I know you are such a loving mother.
Thank you for the kind words. Motherhood, believe it or not, has been my hardest job. One would think that being a lawyer is hard, but being a mother is far more difficult. No one trains you or tells you how to do it, and to a large extent, it is a job one learns while doing it. Consequently, may mistakes are made.
I worked throughout my children's childhood, but it is truly the quality and not quantity of time one spends, as I know many stay at home mothers who are there in body, but not spirit. My children found me to be strict, and I was with their education as knowledge is something that is so very important to me. Sometimes I pushed too hard, and they let me know it, but I always respected them and let them make their choices, within my framework, it seems today. Thank God, both my children are smart and have made great achievements.
If I had to give advise it would be to be patient, loving, and know that nothing is cast in stone. Realize that one's children are not your property, but your life, and that they too have lives and selfish that may be different from one's one. Try to speak kindly and warmly to them, even when you feel like pulling out their hair.
5. Tell me how you got interested in Fragrance. How does fragrance make you feel?You already know the rules! xoxo much love!
Through Makeup alley. Before that, I only wore a couple of scents. Meeting many nice women, like yourself and so many others, with the knowledge and love of fragrances got me a bit hooked. Being a sensualist, it was a natural match for me, and consequently, I have learned so much and now have way too many bottles of fragrances. I wear fragrance to bed now as well, as I enjoy the sweet smell of a nice scent and it makes me have pleasant, and often provocative dreams.
Love you, Jen. xoxo b

2 Comments:
I love your answers Barb. You and Astro jetsetting in Paris! WOW. I am sure Astro would be wearing an Hermes scarf around his neck because he is so dapper!
The memories you have with your Grandmother sound lovely. I have some great memories with my Grandma.
Beautiful words you said about being a mother.
xoxo to you and Mr. Astro. I cannot wait till we hang out in Aug.
Much Love.
Jen
Fantastic interview! Wishing only the best for you and Astro!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home