Life On Sunday
Today is Sunday, the sky outside is still completely dark, as waking up at 5:30 am has become an occupational hazard, even on weekends, and the day is new.
The week from February 6th is behind me, at least in the sense of time and numbers, but some powerful emotions still loom large on this canvas of life. Astro's absence has left a deep hole inside of my heart, and it will probably take many days for the sadness to evaporate like droplets of water being soaked up on a moist green leaf. I have been so grateful and inspired by the many responses that have been received about Astro, from my neighbors, who brought flowers and plants, to my friends who have called and cried with me on the telephone, to posts on my blog, and loving, kind comments on a fragrance site in cyberland. Astro was like a 'celebrity' in our neighborhood, and when I took him out for walks each and every day, when he was well, so many people related through him, and took his presence as an opportunity to talk and get to know us. Friday afternoon, I went to pick up Astro's ashes, and feel as if he is back home now. One certainty, is how kind and responsive people can be in times of need, and step up to the plate to share their thoughts, hugs and tears. Thank you all so very, very much for your words and thoughts.
Today is a new day, and I have decided to treat myself and go hear a concert at Disney Hall. There is a violin concerto that is being premiered here, and it has been way too long since I have gone to hear music. In fact, one of my women friends who plays in the orchestra is meeting me for coffee ahead of time so we can catch up on our lives.
Otherwise, life goes on. I have really enjoyed returning to court and working as a trial attorney, and this past week, it has been a complete paradox that the substance of child abuse has become a respite from dealing with the pain in my own daily life. Since my income has gone up, so has my wardrobe (and jewerly collection) which has been an added bonus.
Politically, not much to become worked up about except for the reaction that many Muslims have been having to offensive cartoons. I invite the world at large to see some of the anti-Semitic cartoons that we Jews have had to live with for more than fifty years, painting us in disparaging lights, and these continue still in the Arab world today.
My good thoughts and blessings go out to Ariel Sharon and his family as he clings to life, and I wish them all much peace.
Have a peaceful Sunday.
Thank you for your minds.
The week from February 6th is behind me, at least in the sense of time and numbers, but some powerful emotions still loom large on this canvas of life. Astro's absence has left a deep hole inside of my heart, and it will probably take many days for the sadness to evaporate like droplets of water being soaked up on a moist green leaf. I have been so grateful and inspired by the many responses that have been received about Astro, from my neighbors, who brought flowers and plants, to my friends who have called and cried with me on the telephone, to posts on my blog, and loving, kind comments on a fragrance site in cyberland. Astro was like a 'celebrity' in our neighborhood, and when I took him out for walks each and every day, when he was well, so many people related through him, and took his presence as an opportunity to talk and get to know us. Friday afternoon, I went to pick up Astro's ashes, and feel as if he is back home now. One certainty, is how kind and responsive people can be in times of need, and step up to the plate to share their thoughts, hugs and tears. Thank you all so very, very much for your words and thoughts.
Today is a new day, and I have decided to treat myself and go hear a concert at Disney Hall. There is a violin concerto that is being premiered here, and it has been way too long since I have gone to hear music. In fact, one of my women friends who plays in the orchestra is meeting me for coffee ahead of time so we can catch up on our lives.
Otherwise, life goes on. I have really enjoyed returning to court and working as a trial attorney, and this past week, it has been a complete paradox that the substance of child abuse has become a respite from dealing with the pain in my own daily life. Since my income has gone up, so has my wardrobe (and jewerly collection) which has been an added bonus.
Politically, not much to become worked up about except for the reaction that many Muslims have been having to offensive cartoons. I invite the world at large to see some of the anti-Semitic cartoons that we Jews have had to live with for more than fifty years, painting us in disparaging lights, and these continue still in the Arab world today.
My good thoughts and blessings go out to Ariel Sharon and his family as he clings to life, and I wish them all much peace.
Have a peaceful Sunday.
Thank you for your minds.

8 Comments:
I am so glad you're back. I've missed you and you've been in my prayers.
I know what you mean about wardrobe and jewelry. That is a GREAT addiction for me. Have you ever heard of Amy Kahn Russell, the Jewish jewelry designer? I'm a great fan, and have lots of her things.
I'm glad you're doing a little better. When are you going to entertain us with some courtroom stories? ;o)
Good point about those cartoons. The muslims have flared up about those, but think that we shouldn't mind being offended by them.
Claw, my cat who passed 3.5 years ago, sits on my desk. I always meant to spread her ashes down at my mothers, but I never got around to it. And now I feel she should stay with me. I look at her every day.
I hope Cali is at least a bit warm... that would be one good thing...
You could be stuck here with me in the middle of the East Coast Blizzard of '06
I hope you enjoy your memories of Astro.
I missed the post on Astro. So sorry, Barbara. It's so hard to lose a loved one.
I read on another blog that the cartoons were printed in an Egyptian newspaper awhile ago, with no reaction. Leaders of totalitarian regimes continue to whip up a frenzy to divert attention from their failings.
Barbara,
I just now came by -- I'm way behind on blog reading. I'm SO sorry about Astro's passing. That is a huge loss. My prayers are with you.
What a calming Sunday...
.. I forgot whether I wrote to you that Astro was the name of my first dog.. no more after that..
...Suundays should be nothing else but a relax, lazy, meditation day!
T
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home