Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Busy and Blessed

These past few weeks have been completely chaotic, and each day becomes busier than the next. Since I have gone back to working in court, my at home time is much less, and I have to prepare cases, make phone calls and write letters, leaving very little time for blogging. Couple this schedule with Passover tomorrow, and this week has gone from busy to busier.

Nevertheless, I feel good and blessed at least for today. My son is coming home for Pesach, we will all four of us be here with family and friends. Having one's children leave home is good, on the one hand, and on the other leaves that empty feeling. So this Passover will be unique from other years, since not only will we all be together, but Astro will not be here for a Seder, the first time in 13 years.

It has always been my philosophy to enjoy each moment, as it exists, since life can change in an instant, at any time, and one must be grateful for what one has, including family, friends, jobs, each and every breath, and the existence of one's people. My wish is that there be peace in Israel, and although we say, "Next year in Jerusalem, it is my hope that this year, we can leave freely and securely, prosper and thrive, and all be well.

Chag Semeach to all who celebrate Passover. May your sedars be meaningful. For my non-Jewish friends, Happy Easter, and Happy Spring. May each day, as it unfolds illuminate what is before you so that the light within can burn and sparkle brightly.....

Thank you for your minds.

25 Comments:

Blogger Michael K. Althouse said...

I deleted the previous post because I was inadvertently logged in as a different user... an alter-ego ifn you will. Here it is again with full attribution!

Nice outlook. I have only recently realigned my MO in that I try to stay in the moment. However, I do not regret the past, nor wish to shut the door on it...

On a different, but related topic - thank you for the comments you left on my serenity post. I read page 449 often and used to have that passage posted to my door. (It's page 417 in the forth edition). In fact, the whole story that the passage appears in resonates with me! Indeed, we are everywhere!

~Mike

6:39 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Happy Easter to you too Barbara. I hope you have a good time with your family all around. I find that, now that the children are all grown, it is harder for us "all" to get together as a family. I am grateful that all my children are here in Houston.

I know it will be different without Astro, but remember that you are blessed to have the children home and be happy.

7:07 PM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Thank you for your good wishes, and your wisdom.

Lucy, I do not celebrate Easter, only Passover.

Thank you for the good wishes, nevertheless.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Thank You Barb....We always have a get together on Easter.....I'm sure you'll have a great week with your son coming home....And everybody being together!!!

Have a great day!!!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Pragmatician said...

nice post and enjoy your family!
See you in three days!

3:39 AM  
Blogger Niobium said...

Chag Semeach Does this translate to "Happy Passover"?

I hope you have a wonder holiday with family and friends. SPring is my favorite time of year, so I too will be celebrating by planting my seeds.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Chag Semeach! You might be interested in this article we had in our paper today. Our St. Pete Hilton has been entirely taken over for Passover, and it's quite fascinating.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Jade L Blackwater said...

Enjoy your time together with your family Barbara, and Happy Spring to you too!!!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Barb, Sorry. I forget that you are Jewish. Have a great passover.

10:03 PM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Thank you so much for all your kind words...

My son just landed, and my daughter is going from the university to pick him up...

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh I love that last sentence,
Thank You.
Enjoy the holiday weekend.
Thanks again for sharing~

4:37 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Geezerette said...

May the Passover be especially meaningful to you this year, Barbara even as you miss Astro's presence. May your prayers for peace in Israel be answered.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Lila said...

Have a joyous Passover, Barbara!

10:08 PM  
Blogger dddragon said...

Chag Semeach to you, too! I hope that it is a peaceful one.

4:16 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Wishing you a wonderful Easter, Barbara.

You are invited to my 200th post party over the weekend, in which all on my bloglist will be featured!

11:07 AM  
Blogger The Absent Minded Housewife said...

Happy Spring...

Have a cyber daffodil!

7:53 PM  
Blogger boneman said...

Steve makes most of the seder for our church here, and he likes it despite the work involved. Tis all new to me, though, as the Lutheran church I used to go to hardly mentioned it.

Ah! Spring! A whole new world!
Maybe we won't mess this one up this summer.
I hope.

Happy days to ya, Barb and friends and family!

1:36 PM  
Blogger concerned citizen said...

Hey Barb, You sound really happy, that's great! Enjoy your holiday.


I'm reading a book by one of your own, 'Rabbi James Rudin'
It's called 'The Baptizing of America; The religious rights plan for the rest of us.' I am really enjoying it. Have you read any of his books?

7:39 PM  
Blogger boneman said...

Oh yeah....
I apologize for the "California" joke on m'site....
Steve, who is also from California, suggested that it was lame to post and that I should apologize to folks from California that read it...

5:08 AM  
Blogger Y.Y. said...

barbara if you are a jew you would know that you cannot wish happy easter for your non jewish friends as it is like you agree with thier religion and jesus yimach shemoh

6:32 AM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Thank you all...This has been a great week!

YY (cubanita, now I am certain you are one in the same), does the same hold true when someone who is frum refuses to say Chag Sameach to another Jew, just because she is not frum? This has been my experience, even here in blogsville. Can it be inferred that some Jews are snobs, or consider those who do not practice their way, to be not Jews, rather than not religious? Think about it!

Other than Prag., how many have come to this blog to say, Chag Sameach? Do you see anyone else?

6:59 AM  
Blogger Y.Y. said...

its the jewish law barbara jew arent allowed to wish happy any christian holiday go look it up in the begining of tractate avodeh zarah

7:06 AM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Well, YY, you seem to love telling others what not to do rather than showing them through a good example, such as wishing another a Chag Semeach!

I have created a new post you might like!

7:41 AM  
Blogger DA said...

I just wish you peaceful days Barbara. Enjoy..

11:45 AM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

thank you all for your kind wishes, which are so appreciated!

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home