When I grow Up I want to Be??
Insomnia seems to descend upon me during the spring. Like the stunning beauty of seeing a flower bloom, or the magical transformation of a caterpillar as it changes into a butterfly, insomnia has a life and experience of its own, although the results are not nearly as colorful. The head of a person not being able to sleep feels as if she is under a circus tent, caught in the middle much commotion and activity with whisles blowing,people shouting, lights flashing until finally someone yells, "stop." Yes, the images of our minds working overtime. Finally, it is time to grab that timecard and punch out! The results: quietness, peace, tranquility.
When we are younger, we think we know what we want to be when we grow up. We have ideas of what would make our life meaningful, exciting, always mindful of catching that often illusive butterfly called happiness. I will confess, I never wanted to be the Pope (sorry Joe), but the idea of a race car driver, symphony conductor, exotic dancer, college professor, stand up comedian, and even funeral director were choices that I considered at one point or another during my lifetime. Some of what those things I thought I wanted when younger, I do have today, but other things, that never went into that formula of computation are what I have that make me feel truly happy and grateful today. It is amazing, when we realize that what we thought was important is not necessarily so. Becoming Donald Trump is definitely over-rated! That quiet mind and peaceful heart are present, despite periodic bout of insomnia.
How often do we jump to conclusions, judge or condemn others use negative labels and think that this is the right course of action! Is this who we want to be when we grow up? Bitter, competative, mean-spirited? Not being exempt from that course of action, I can identify, but say that this course of action does not lead to a peaceful heart.
Today, I am grown up, at least according to my birth certificate, I should be! Strangely, I am exactly who I want to be, and although I wish I had more money (everyone feels this way, no?), I truly have more than I ever thought I would have.
What do you want to be when you grow up? Do you have it?
I'll be gone for a few days to attend our son's graduation. Yes, I am a proud mother, of both my children, regardless of what they want to be when they grow up.
Happy 57th birthday, Israel!!!
Thank you for your minds.
When we are younger, we think we know what we want to be when we grow up. We have ideas of what would make our life meaningful, exciting, always mindful of catching that often illusive butterfly called happiness. I will confess, I never wanted to be the Pope (sorry Joe), but the idea of a race car driver, symphony conductor, exotic dancer, college professor, stand up comedian, and even funeral director were choices that I considered at one point or another during my lifetime. Some of what those things I thought I wanted when younger, I do have today, but other things, that never went into that formula of computation are what I have that make me feel truly happy and grateful today. It is amazing, when we realize that what we thought was important is not necessarily so. Becoming Donald Trump is definitely over-rated! That quiet mind and peaceful heart are present, despite periodic bout of insomnia.
How often do we jump to conclusions, judge or condemn others use negative labels and think that this is the right course of action! Is this who we want to be when we grow up? Bitter, competative, mean-spirited? Not being exempt from that course of action, I can identify, but say that this course of action does not lead to a peaceful heart.
Today, I am grown up, at least according to my birth certificate, I should be! Strangely, I am exactly who I want to be, and although I wish I had more money (everyone feels this way, no?), I truly have more than I ever thought I would have.
What do you want to be when you grow up? Do you have it?
I'll be gone for a few days to attend our son's graduation. Yes, I am a proud mother, of both my children, regardless of what they want to be when they grow up.
Happy 57th birthday, Israel!!!
Thank you for your minds.

5 Comments:
You know? I have never in my life known what I wanted to do. I've always been interested in a miriad of things but have never managed to muster enough focus to fully pursue any one of them.
When I was younger this caused me a great deal of stress and chiseled away at my self esteem. Somewhere along the line though, I realized that "Jill of all trades, master of none" can be a really positive thing.
So now I just want to be me when I grown up, regardless of where or what that may be. I could do without the stretch marks though.
For me, I could do without the wrinkles!
I want to be happy, and most of the time I am. I have trouble with anything more specific than that.
B, I hope you have a wonderful trip this weekend!
Happy and smell good, right R?
Thank you for your good wishes,
b
Is it right and just to band together and swarm over a fallen sister, whether to vote her out of the crowd for being a predator, or to join the predator in demeaning the weakest among us until she screams in indignation and leaves of her own accord? Or is it better to silently flag the predator, silently worry about the weak one she ripped apart, then joyously welcome everyone back into the fold the moment they return? The cycle repeats itself. We fold our arms and stand back, ready to kick the bad, the good, and the ugly. *mwah* *mwah*
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home