Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Your Secret Valentine: Send Him/Her a Secret Wish....

Valentine's Day has always been one of my most cherished days. An unabashed romantic at heart, I love the symbols, the colors, and all the posh and drama that surrounds this special day, each year on February 14th.

This year, since I am not much in the celebration mood, I thought I would make a creative, interactive type of post, beginning at noon on February 13th for Valentine's Day.

Please use this space, to post and send a Valentine's Day Wish to someone who you love or care about, but for whatever reasons, whether it be loss, time, distance, misfortune, fate or destiny, circumstance or shyness, are unable to do so. You can use initials, post a description or mark your secret Valentine in any way that feels right to you, to communicate your good wishes to him/her.

For this occasion, I will allow anonymous posts as well, so anyone who wants to send these special wishes may feel free to do so, with a veil of secrecy surrounding yourself as well.

Right now, I will send out my own Valentine Day love wishes to Astro, who is not here to accept them today.

Please be kind and use good taste.

Thank you for your minds and loving hearts.

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone.

36 Comments:

Blogger Y.Y. said...

creative post indeed

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Johnny:

It is time for you to get off your arse and walk the line!

I love you,
Junebug

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

June,

It is a pagan holiday that I will never recognize.

Feh on this day. But you are still a sweek girl in my book.

I am burning, burning, burning...

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A sweek girl? (Is that like a sweet geek?)

Geez, John, you are such the romantic. * rolling eyes *

It burns, burns, burns....

11:54 AM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Alright Johnny & June: I think I know your identities, but will keep them under my hat.

Although Valentine's Day may be a 'pagan holiday,' it is still a day to express one's love and care towards another.

Please try to post comments and not engage in a dialogue among yourselves. You have IM for that!

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Kalee,

You are more special than you know! While we might be far apart, you will always be in my heart, and I will always be thankful for the lessons you have taught me.

Please don't let anyone treat you badly, and stick with those who are kind and honest. Keep your chin up, and look for the rainbow!

Happy Valentine's Day,
Blacksheep

***

Dearest Buck-toothed-Wuffie,

I still think of you, and remember your image in the sky telling me that all will be ok. I'm so glad you aren't sick anymore. I hope that heaven keeps the bunnies and squirrels well-stocked for you. You will never be forgotten.

Love,
Mommy

1:11 PM  
Blogger mal said...

JAJ,

I was always one step behind you but you never turned around. Because you never looked, I lost and I won.

I hope your journey has been as rewarding as mine

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

secret valentine:

just want you to know that i have had this amazingly wonderful crush on you for the past several months. we haven't really even gotten to know each other. we pass each other at work. i see you with the crabby face and then you see me and give me the most magnificent smile that i think the sun has come out. i have enjoyed all these feelings, even knowing that they are just an infatuation -- i've just really had fun, plus i also see you as a very nice person. thank you, it has been interesting and nice and fun!

me

3:42 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Barbara.

I'd like to send a "Blogentine" to you for all your thoughtful posts.

Have a great week.

6:25 PM  
Blogger concerned citizen said...

blogentine, how cute fred. a blogentine to u all.

xxx's and ooo's from the lusty one. (even to anonymous, who is being quite clever for once)

7:02 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Happy Valentine's Day to the love of my life!

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy V day to all.

7:25 PM  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

Fi,

Come soon, cupcake. We can't wait to meet you.

XXXOOO
Mom & Dad

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

secret valentine,

although many years have passed the strong feelings that I have for you have continued to linger on in spite of our circumstances.
You may not be a valentine's day person but I want to let you know how much I still care for you and hope that you have reserved a small space inside your heart for me.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Happy Valentine to EVERYONE!!!

And a very special Valentine to my family....I love you ALL!!!

Thanks Barb!!!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Dear Forrest and Nicki,


You are my true Valentines. Not just on Valentines Day, but every day. Thanks for giving me unconditional love.

Happy Valentines Day to you too Barb.
xoxoxo

P.S. Thanks to June and Johnny for making me laugh! Quite a little banter you have going on.

Jen

2:26 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

ohhh I just saw Winterwheat's post to the bambina. How sweet.

2:27 AM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

My heart is warmed from seeing all of these secret and thoughtful wishes.

Thank you, Fred. You are so kind and classy, and Happy Valentine's Day to all here in blogsville.

A special Valentine's day wish I am sending to Astro, who spent the last 13 Valentine's Days with me.
I used to bake him a little cake, or give him some candy (to make him happy, and he was a true foodie, and loved sweets...everything I heard about dogs and chocolates did not apply to him, since he lived, a long, glorious life.)

I send you lots of loving kisses, Astro, and remember you fondly with lots of love, just as you gave to me, on this special day.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Happy Valentines Day Barbara! And a Happy V-Day to Everyone!

Of course, as you'll see in my post today, it's actually Lupercalia Day! So Happy L-Day!

This is a great idea, Barbara. I'm going to leave some an anon Valentine in here. I just hafta think whom I'll leave it for...

5:45 AM  
Blogger boneman said...

Actually, you inadvertantly sent me a wonderful Valentine's Day message as this morning when I stepped in to check on m'blog, there was your very nice picture!
Thankyou!
Haven't had much of a valentines celebration with any but m'dogs for too many years now, and I think you're right. The "chocolate" thing is overrated. 'Course, I try to come up with meat flavored cakes (or oatmeal, usually) and that REALLY goes over well!
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
(and, thanx again!)

5:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To PJF:
You were the girl who changed me forever as someone I looked up to. Someone who showed me things that weren't easy to learn but things you wouldn't have shown unless you cared. I miss you every day.

Happy Valentine's Day Barbara!
SB

6:05 AM  
Blogger I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

Happy Valentines Day Barbara!

7:20 AM  
Blogger FrumGirl said...

Happy Valentines day to all the people that have affected me positively or negatively which helped shape the person that I am today!

I luv you all!

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy V-Day !
Thanks for sharing
Tab

9:46 AM  
Blogger Zeppellina said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Zeppellina said...

That should have said....

Happy Valentines Day Barbara!

9:56 AM  
Blogger GroovinJim said...

Dear Kim,

If I could give you anything, I would re-ignite your faith in me by washing away all of the hurt I have caused, and I would wipe away the tears that keep you from seeing the man you need me to be. You are my world and I won't rest until you are happy again.

Love,

Jim

9:58 AM  
Blogger Pragmatician said...

Dear D, thank you for understanding that me being emotionless at times is just my way of protecting myself.


Super idea.

12:35 PM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

I am enjoying all of your comments here, thank you, and I wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day, too.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Patty said...

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. Most holiday's are Pagan. and it is nice to have one so full of love *smile*

4:11 PM  
Blogger ms s loveridge said...

Happy Valentine's Day
my dearest lover, Sugito Shia... =)
Happy Val's Day to my friends, family, and of course, Barbara! =D
Thanks for this great post.

4:14 PM  
Blogger concerned citizen said...

Left a comment for you on my site concerning 'The Trial' by kafta

6:07 PM  
Blogger Lila said...

Happy Valentine's day to you, Barbara, and to all other romantics.

Happy Valentine's day to my dearly departed... KH, MO, MP, S, DH, AJ, BF...

6:19 PM  
Blogger Michael K. Althouse said...

Happy V-Day,

~Mike

11:05 PM  
Blogger mysickmind said...

what if you're my secret valentine Barb?

4:48 PM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

You are a true sweetheart, Mr. Bohica...I will be your Valentine....

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home