Living With Unresolved Issues
Thank you for all your kind words below. Today is a new and better day, I am happy to say.
What has changed? Not really anything on the outside, but I am learning to accept life as it is, and that often, in fact, more often than not, one must learn to live life with unresolved issues. What does this really mean? People disappoint us, we disappoint ourselves, we get sick, those whom we love become sick. There is or may be no resolution to these matters other than our ability to accept life as it is and not the way we want it to be.
Unfortunately, suffering, pain, worry, fear, sadness are all part and parcel of the human condition, just as is the ability to love, to experience, joy, happiness, desire, and freedom.
Today, I choose to accept life as it is before me as it is. I did not cause it, nor can I change it and ultimately, I cannot resolve it. The peace of mind comes in having faith and letting go and, at least for me, learning that I must live with these issues as they exist and not as I want them to be.
Thank you for your minds.
What has changed? Not really anything on the outside, but I am learning to accept life as it is, and that often, in fact, more often than not, one must learn to live life with unresolved issues. What does this really mean? People disappoint us, we disappoint ourselves, we get sick, those whom we love become sick. There is or may be no resolution to these matters other than our ability to accept life as it is and not the way we want it to be.
Unfortunately, suffering, pain, worry, fear, sadness are all part and parcel of the human condition, just as is the ability to love, to experience, joy, happiness, desire, and freedom.
Today, I choose to accept life as it is before me as it is. I did not cause it, nor can I change it and ultimately, I cannot resolve it. The peace of mind comes in having faith and letting go and, at least for me, learning that I must live with these issues as they exist and not as I want them to be.
Thank you for your minds.

3 Comments:
Hi Barbara, Long time no see.... Sorry to hear that you are feeling sad and unresolved...The loss of someone you love is always hard. My sisters husband lost his twin brother in April. He was only 52 years old and he died from throat cancer. He was getting better, or so they thought, and he just didn't wake up on morning. The family has been devastated and Garry just can't seem to pull out of this. He has a hard time eating, sleeping or just doing anything at all. He is in a coasting mode, just existing right now and my sister is really worried about him. I know that twins have a special bond, but this is just tearing him up. His doctor has put him on medication and has told Pat to stay close to him. I feel so bad that he has lost his dear brother and I pray that he comes out of this OK.
I hope that soon he will realize that he has a wife that cares deeply for him, that he has a daughter and two grandkids that love him and a mother that needs him right now. Hopefully, death will not consume him too much longer.
Barbara, I hope you are able to get past this stage of your grieving soon. Know that your friends love you and care about you. Life will get better.
Barbara....I'm so glad to see you're writing again. It is transformative. I can think of no other form of therapy besides prayer which can move us and help us strive for inner solace and peace.
My heart is open to you and your family as you learn to live and breathe through your deeply painful times. take good care and know there are many out in this vast world of our who are sending you warm thoughts.
...you're just about as bad as I have been on the posting...
ah well...who gives a hoot, eh? It's our lives and no matter what others expect of us, we can only do what we can do.
Your last three posts, however, sound like I should have been more diligent in dropping by...if for no other reason, at least to attempt to humor you. I'm not a seasoned comedian, but, I do try to use humor to uplift folks.
Since I am so "late" though, and you are somewhat mysterious at naming your pain, then I can only offer one thing.
Got it from the book, "Magic of Thinking Big" and for all the cliches within the pages, there are some fine jewels of wisdom.
For example, sometimes the only difference between feeling bad or lonely about a thing or situation and feeling better about one's self....
is how we each feel about that thing.
OK, you caught me flat footed, here, as m'book is at home in the den, and you know what that means, eh? It may take me a few thousand paragraphs to explain myself...
(hope not, eh?)
Perhaps an analogy....
We get up in the morning, day after day, to go to work.
It can be a dreary existence at times, but, only if we THINK it's a dreary thing.
All one has to do is decide that the choice made is the correct choice and suddenly, the way becomes easier to travel.
Even where sorrow may be concerned.
If the great I AM has seen our futures, then, all is well with that future, no matter what we personally think. So LIVE!
Be all you can be (and I don't mean join the army...) and be rejoiceful of your life here and now.
Don't you imagine the CREATOR would want that?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home