Reality Stings!
While we are gone, our neighbor, who is a kind, loving soul will be taking care of my beloved dog. Many of you know how much I love this creature. Consequently, I left lengthy instructions on the feeding and caring routine for him. Included where a list of words that our dog likes to hear, such as 'walk' 'food' 'go pee', 'darling' etc. Also, I told him that there were large packages of coveted lunch meats, and goat cheeses as well left over matzah from Passover to give to him. Astro cannot be overfed, I concluded. Besides, he is used to being totally spoiled and is the only being on this planet who totally controls me!
Then it dawned on me! How awesome would it be had I been able to recruit the following services: personal chef (white hat, uniform and all), groomer, pet masseaur, manicurist, pedicurist, walker, therapist and provocative conversationalist for Astro! He would be in absolute heaven, and the thought of doing this would put me there too.
Tell me I do not live in my own distorted world when it comes to my beloved Astro!
Then I looked at the cheeses, leash and medications and concluded: reality stings!
Thank you for your minds.
Then it dawned on me! How awesome would it be had I been able to recruit the following services: personal chef (white hat, uniform and all), groomer, pet masseaur, manicurist, pedicurist, walker, therapist and provocative conversationalist for Astro! He would be in absolute heaven, and the thought of doing this would put me there too.
Tell me I do not live in my own distorted world when it comes to my beloved Astro!
Then I looked at the cheeses, leash and medications and concluded: reality stings!
Thank you for your minds.

6 Comments:
lol - you'll have to ask Tan Lucy Pez (when they return from Maine) about our instructions for Chatham and Salem, our two cats! We leave lenghty instructions in multiple places (the boys stay in our home and mom comes over to see to their needs).
Mom also takes care of Lucinda Sans cat, Serena, when they're away. She's a great granny for the Kitties.
If you live in your own distorted world then so do many, many other pet owners around the country.
Prior to becoming a stay-at-home mom, I was a veterinary technician for twelve years. Over the course of my career I met tons of people who feel exactly the same way about their pets as you do about Astro.
We are a complex species with brains that can really do us in if we are not careful. I really feel that we need the uncomplicated, fully understandable relationships that we share with our critters. Dog, cat, llama, chicken, I don't think it matters what kind of animal just so long as there is a connection. Just think of the theraputic effect animals have on the emotionally scarred, the imprisoned, the elderly and infirm.
I think you should just take your relationship with Astro at face value, just like he takes his relationship with you. You are fortunate to share such a special connection with another living thing, especially a cross-species connection!
Go Astro!!
(My Astro's name is Echo)
YOu are a beautiful spirit, Godless mom..I feel you do understand my connection. Lucky Echo!
dddragon: multiple generations of animal loves! How glorious
Hey guys! I'm in MA right now at Aral Peppermint Patty's place with my grandcats Svile and Einna. Einna hasn't shown her face yet. We just got here last night. Svile is sitting with me now.
If you have an animal, then you MUST take the best possible care of them. It's your choice. Have one and take GOOD care, or just don't have an animal. Easy.
OFF TOPIC
There was a sick anti-semitic attack in chicago tonite. Judge Lefkwitz (recently had her mother and husband murdered) was sitting in a resturant when a anti-semitic bigot held up a anti-semitic poster in her face. The federal marshel who was her protection detail ran out side to try to get him but he got a way.
Judge Lefkwitz was the judge who put Matt Hale a REAL NAZI in jail recently. By the way she is a gentile.
I love this topic! Long ago someone told me that we do not own our pets but rather, they own us. How true in many ways! I have always been a dog person until we couldn't have a dog and I picked up a kitty at the Humane Society for my daughter so she could enjoy and learn the responsibilities of having a pet. Now we have three cats! (none are related) I adore "the boyz" (as I call them) and they are the most affectionate creatures I've ever met.
Give Astro a pet on the head for me.
(and thank you so much for visiting my blog and for the lovely comments)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home