Warn out in the best of all Possible Ways
These past two days have been extremely busy, and expensive, I might add. Ourdaughter came over for the weekend and decided that she wanted to spent some quality time with me. Not being much of a spender or shopper (sometimes I question whether she is truly my daughter), I decided it would be fun, and somewhat experimental, to take her to a couple of malls. She did not want to buy any clothing or shoes, as these things do not interest her much, but wanted to get a manicure, pedicure, new cell phone, a massage and have her makeup done. If the truth be told, she is a thinker like me. Thinking that it would be fun, and a chance for us to relate, and maybe for her to buy some new shoes, I was all game, showing complete enthusiasm at these rather extravagant ideas. So we went, spent the whole day together, had fun, talked, laughed and spent money on frivolous stuff like manicures, pedicures and massages.
To tell you the truth, I considered today's activities a great blessing for several reasons. First of all, during her teen-age years, our daughter did not want to spend much time with me, preferring her unbridled independence to the company of her mother. Second, she had been sick earlier on this year, and we were unable to go out to do anything together. Today, thank G-d, she is doing so much better today, and I look at each day as a great blessing and gift. And if the truth be told, I love the pedicure, the massage was a welcome luxury and the makeup something we could both talk about for some time to come.
The other good news is that my son has sent emails and spent some time yesterday on instant message with me, with the strong plea, 'please try not to worry so much.' I calmly said alright, thinking in the back of my mind of one of those wild senarios, once more, imagining that would could be drugged and robbed in a foreign city and kidnapped while he was traveling alone. Thankfully, most of my wild thoughts prove to be completely incorrect almost all of the time. In this case, for being wrong, I am truly happy.
Thank you for your minds.
To tell you the truth, I considered today's activities a great blessing for several reasons. First of all, during her teen-age years, our daughter did not want to spend much time with me, preferring her unbridled independence to the company of her mother. Second, she had been sick earlier on this year, and we were unable to go out to do anything together. Today, thank G-d, she is doing so much better today, and I look at each day as a great blessing and gift. And if the truth be told, I love the pedicure, the massage was a welcome luxury and the makeup something we could both talk about for some time to come.
The other good news is that my son has sent emails and spent some time yesterday on instant message with me, with the strong plea, 'please try not to worry so much.' I calmly said alright, thinking in the back of my mind of one of those wild senarios, once more, imagining that would could be drugged and robbed in a foreign city and kidnapped while he was traveling alone. Thankfully, most of my wild thoughts prove to be completely incorrect almost all of the time. In this case, for being wrong, I am truly happy.
Thank you for your minds.

7 Comments:
Glad your son is safe!
Ah, resolution. Isn't it lovely? I am very very glad to hear that your day went so well!
From the daughter of a wonderful mother to a wonderful mother: you are a wonderful mother :)
sounds like you had a wonderful day with your daughter (wish my mum lived nearer so we could do things like this sometimes...)
and glad to hear you've heard from your son again (i'm beginning to realise how my parents probably felt when i spent a year living in a developing country with minimal technology to hand for regular communication)
((hugs))
UC x
All good news, thank you for sharing.
I remember those mother-daughter days. I really enjoyed them, and the time that I spent with my mom also reinforced my character and kept me focused. Mom Time is sometimes very needed by daughters. Good job!
What a wonderful day! It always seems like a good idea to shop with my Mom but often it's not, unless she's in a really good and giving mood which is close to never!
Dear Barbara,
God has a very special place in His heart for the Jewish people. Even Jesus was Jewish, before He became Christian... Unless He was born Christian; I am confused on this point.
In any case, God loves dogma and the USA and George W. Bush. Let His will be done!
Hi Barbara!
Good to hear you had some time with the family, without the worry.
Sounds like you have a good family there, and you don`t need to worry about them.
My mum always said everyone had their own guardian angel. They`ll be okay.
But I think that you will always worry!
Sorry I haven`t managed to drop in, in the last few days. Have sent you a short email, and will send you a proper one soon!
Bad week...site crashed etc! Gremlins!
See you have some really good topics going again! The minute I have repaired my site, I will come back to join in the discussions!
Take care, see you soon!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home